2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    if the guy burns thru 75 pitches in 4 innings maybe he isn't a guy worth picking up ? Or maybe he is, I don't know, but it isn't a great sign.
    All i want is for him to pitch five so i can get some much needed wins.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

if the guy burns thru 75 pitches in 4 innings maybe he isn't a guy worth picking up ? Or maybe he is, I don't know, but it isn't a great sign.
      He only allowed two hits with one walk. He struck out 7. His era is 2.45 and whip 1.09 (small sample size). I like all of those numbers.

I drafted him at the end of our reserve draft so he is only $2. I imagine for some leagues he has been picked up with FAAB (so basically free). This is a very good gamble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
        He only allowed two hits with one walk. He struck out 7. His era is 2.45 and whip 1.09 (small sample size). I like all of those numbers.

I drafted him at the end of our reserve draft so he is only $2. I imagine for some leagues he has been picked up with FAAB (so basically free). This is a very good gamble.
        Yeah, looks like he is worth a shot.
        ---------------------------------------------
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          All i want is for him to pitch five so i can get some much needed wins.
          Tanner Houck sent down to AAA. Grrrr.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
            Tanner Houck sent down to AAA. Grrrr.
            apparently coming back to start this weekend

a
            Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
            The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Schwarber headed to the Red Sox

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Schwarber headed to the Red Sox
                To play OF? 1B? DH?

Comment

apparently coming back to start this weekend

a
                  Red Sox manager Alex Cora said Tanner Houck will be brought back for the team's August 7 doubleheader in Toronto.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And the Red Sox DFA Brandon Workman.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Is he under contract for next year, or does he have an out? I'm confused on the options he has, and I figure you know more about options than me.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        Is he under contract for next year, or does he have an out? I'm confused on the options he has, and I figure you know more about options than me.
                        Why didn't you consult the oracle?

Schwarber signed a one-year deal with Washington in the offseason, a contract which has a mutual option year for 2022 at $11.5 million.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• In the blowout loss to the Jays last night, position player Jonathan Arauz pitched the 8th inning. He threw a pitch clocked at 36 mph. That got me to wonder what the slowest pitch in mlb history was. Difficult to determine since in past decades they didnt have devices to measure speed. But I found a video that estimated the speed of a Dave LaRoche pitch at 31 mph. It didnt say when it was but it was when he was w the Yankees, so probably '81 or '82.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                            In the blowout loss to the Jays last night, position player Jonathan Arauz pitched the 8th inning. He threw a pitch clocked at 36 mph. That got me to wonder what the slowest pitch in mlb history was. Difficult to determine since in past decades they didnt have devices to measure speed. But I found a video that estimated the speed of a Dave LaRoche pitch at 31 mph. It didnt say when it was but it was when he was w the Yankees, so probably '81 or '82.
                            Father of Adam LaRoche, who famously retired after being told by the White Sox that his kid couldn't live in the team clubhouse.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                              In the blowout loss to the Jays last night, position player Jonathan Arauz pitched the 8th inning. He threw a pitch clocked at 36 mph. That got me to wonder what the slowest pitch in mlb history was. Difficult to determine since in past decades they didnt have devices to measure speed. But I found a video that estimated the speed of a Dave LaRoche pitch at 31 mph. It didnt say when it was but it was when he was w the Yankees, so probably '81 or '82.
                              And today, another position player, Brock Holt, takes the mound and throws a pitch that was clocked at 31 mph.

Comment

• Chris Sale will make his first start since 2019 today.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X