2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    No one is pitching high inning counts this year, and 20 ER over 6 starts isn't a particularly bad number. But I dont think 6 start samples mean much at all, his numbers this year look fine.
    I got that idea when you commented on my post.

His era now stands .406 with 13 games under the belt. He is not the $29 player some paid for. I used the 6 games to show a concerning trend.

Comment

• Still fun to chat and share differing opinions.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post

His era now stands .406 with 13 games under the belt. He is not the $29 player some paid for. I used the 6 games to show a concerning trend.
        I'm confused that you cited his babip at .320 as if that's his fault? That's generally an indication of being unlucky and something you *might* look for when buying low. Why would you cite it as a reason of the opposite?

During the last 7 games he's had 10, 4, 8, 9, 6, 2, 7 Ks and never more than 3 walks (just 1 walk in 3 of the games). HRs are up slightly.

All look like trends that will even out, he's fine IMO.
        Last edited by Ken; 06-09-2021, 03:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Well, Santana is not cooperating, hitting just .125 through 40 ABs. Time to step it up!
          You’ve got that right! I emptied my FAAB to get him. And so far it is not exactly paying off. Where is Mr. 20/20?

Also, what are the odds that Boston signs Barnes beyond this year?

Comment

I'm confused that you cited his babip at .320 as if that's his fault? That's generally an indication of being unlucky and something you *might* look for when buying low. Why would you cite it as a reason of the opposite?

During the last 7 games he's had 10, 4, 8, 9, 6, 2, 7 Ks and never more than 3 walks (just 1 walk in 3 of the games). HRs are up slightly.

All look like trends that will even out, he's fine IMO.
            Statcast doesn't show anything bad, either, so it is probably just bad luck. Or it could be crappy defense, too, which doesn't make him a worse pitcher, but it does suck for his numbers.

Comment

• Is Garrett Richards emblematic of the new pitcher post-MLB crackdown? In his last start on June 16, he completely abandoned his curveball, which he threw as much as 26% of the time as late as May 13th. In his June 16th start, he threw 84 pitches -- 64 fourseam fastballs and 20 sliders.

Not surprisingly, the Braves teed off on him, scoring 6 runs in his 4 IP.

Comment

Nola didn't factor into the decision in Saturday's 13-6 win over the Giants, coughing up six runs on six hits and three walks over 2.1 innings. He struck out only one.

Mike Yastrzemski and Brandon Belt both took Nola deep in the worst outing of the year for the right-hander. ERA up to .422. Just sayin.

Comment

Nola didn't factor into the decision in Saturday's 13-6 win over the Giants, coughing up six runs on six hits and three walks over 2.1 innings. He struck out only one.

Mike Yastrzemski and Brandon Belt both took Nola deep in the worst outing of the year for the right-hander. ERA up to .422. Just sayin.
                  I'm good with the game by game updates but why did you skip his 7.2 IP / 9 K / 4 baserunner / 0 run gem on 6/13?

Comment

I'm good with the game by game updates but why did you skip his 7.2 IP / 9 K / 4 baserunner / 0 run gem on 6/13?
                    It did not fit in with my agen...ok kidding aside I missed it (not a Nola owner).

Not planning on game by game. Just thought I noticed a continuation of the trend until you, well you know debunked it.

Comment

It did not fit in with my agen...ok kidding aside I missed it (not a Nola owner).

Not planning on game by game. Just thought I noticed a continuation of the trend until you, well you know debunked it.
                      How’s the trend going

Comment

How’s the trend going
                        Streaky very streaky.

Comment

• Duran getting the call today, as well as Houck getting recalled.

Comment

• And Chris Sale owners, rejoice - his rehab assignment starts today.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Tanner Houck pulled after 75 pitches in 4 innings. I didn't realize he was on a limited pitch count when i picked him up. I assume he's getting stretched out to pitch longer. At least i hope so.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                Tanner Houck pulled after 75 pitches in 4 innings. I didn't realize he was on a limited pitch count when i picked him up. I assume he's getting stretched out to pitch longer. At least i hope so.
                                if the guy burns thru 75 pitches in 4 innings maybe he isn't a guy worth picking up ? Or maybe he is, I don't know, but it isn't a great sign.
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                                ---------------------------------------------
                                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X