No announcement yet.

2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-Rod was scratched from his opening day start due to a "dead arm" - Eovaldi is now the opening day starter

Matt Barnes has COVID (or is in protocols?) and Ottavino will start as closer. Maybe he takes the job and runs with it - I do think he's their best reliever anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
      My dream scenario would be for him or Martinez to start hot, and to package one of them with one of the three pitchers I got for a better pitcher.
      I would put that to the league now. You might get some bites, you might have to give it some time.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Barnes - COVID false positive. Back out of protocol.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I would put that to the league now. You might get some bites, you might have to give it some time.
          Patience is not a virtue for me. I just dealt Stanton for Spencer Howard and Hunter Brown. I am in win now mode (always), so this play is a gamble on the prospects bringing me more than Stanton eventually. My thinking was that even if Stanton goes bananas, so many in my league are clearly gun shy on him and fear the injury threat. Trading him frees up a spot for me to call up Dylan Carlson, and lets me park a couple of arms that I think will get me what I need down the line. My league puts a premium on prospects, because of how are keeper rules work, so I hope it pays off. I did not want Stanton to go down early like last year and torpedo his trade value.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
            Patience is not a virtue for me. I just dealt Stanton for Spencer Howard and Hunter Brown. I am in win now mode (always), so this play is a gamble on the prospects bringing me more than Stanton eventually. My thinking was that even if Stanton goes bananas, so many in my league are clearly gun shy on him and fear the injury threat. Trading him frees up a spot for me to call up Dylan Carlson, and lets me park a couple of arms that I think will get me what I need down the line. My league puts a premium on prospects, because of how are keeper rules work, so I hope it pays off. I did not want Stanton to go down early like last year and torpedo his trade value.
            I like it! Carlson sold for $25 in our NL only. Stanton sold for $20 in our AL only. But there’s a good reason owners are gunshy about Stanton and I think you were smart to do the trade. Sure it could burn you. But it was the percentage play IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
              I like it! Carlson sold for $25 in our NL only. Stanton sold for $20 in our AL only. But there’s a good reason owners are gunshy about Stanton and I think you were smart to do the trade. Sure it could burn you. But it was the percentage play IMO.
              Thanks. I was gonna call up Carlson either way, but doing the deal saved me from having to cut Tyler O'Neil, who I like a lot--probably more than I should. I like the idea of having that potential St. Louis OF tag team.

Comment

• as a Bosox fan I am really looking fwd to watching them crash and burn after trading Betts for luxury tax reasons. I mean wtf, that's what Dombrowski does. he get's you a WS or almost and blows up your financials. ..and your plan after that is to trade Betts? that's not a plan. and now to watch them try to transition into strikeout mashers. I am rooting for them to finish below the Orioles.

they were sort of right about Benintendi though. he looks a little lost. but he's perfect for KC. if they can't fix his swing than nobody can. and they should be able to. guess we'll see how good the redsox are at developing players. or screwing up their development because I didn't see the Benintendi thing coming.

Comment

• The BoSox outfielders look pretty putrid so far. How long will we have to wait to see Jarren Duran? They can’t be worried about super two, can they?

Comment

The BoSox outfielders look pretty putrid so far. How long will we have to wait to see Jarren Duran? They can’t be worried about super two, can they?
                    In a rebuild they always do, don't they?

Comment

The BoSox outfielders look pretty putrid so far. How long will we have to wait to see Jarren Duran? They can’t be worried about super two, can they?
                      Given his age, I doubt it's a concern... do they really need to keep his age 31 season cheap? Maybe a few days to get that extra season of team control... but I think they're probably more worried about evaluating what they have in Renfroe and Franchy first. And remember, all of these minor leaguers didn't get any real ABs last year, and they aren't getting any real ABs now, so they may have to wait till May to see how he looks at AAA.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Given his age, I doubt it's a concern... do they really need to keep his age 31 season cheap? Maybe a few days to get that extra season of team control... but I think they're probably more worried about evaluating what they have in Renfroe and Franchy first. And remember, all of these minor leaguers didn't get any real ABs last year, and they aren't getting any real ABs now, so they may have to wait till May to see how he looks at AAA.
                        That’s what I was thinking. Just hoping the minor league ABs don’t come into question but suspect that could be a key factor.

Comment

• Congratulations to those who bought low on J.D. Martinez this year.

And i have to bump this for Mith.

Originally posted by madducks View Post

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I nabbed Martinez and I am telling myself I just spent what I spent on him and Paxton just on him. So far, even with Paxton now done for, JD is earning enough for the both of them.

Comment

• He came off the COVID-19 list late this AM so he will be on many teams' benches. Ask me how I know.

Fortunately it's H2H and I am +3 in HR so I should be ok.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                                He came off the COVID-19 list late this AM so he will be on many teams' benches. Ask me how I know.

Fortunately it's H2H and I am +3 in HR so I should be ok.
                                Didn't realize that since i don't have any shares. I just checked my leagues and only 1 out of 3 owners had him active. That really sucks to miss a game like that
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X