2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
    Michael Silverman of the Boston Globe reports that NBA superstar LeBron James will become part-owner of the Red Sox.
    They also purchased part of Liverpool

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      the football team or the city?

hey, it's a legitimate question!
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I think the Beatles still own Liverpool.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
          the football team or the city?

hey, it's a legitimate question!
          The city would be cheaper to own part of.

Comment

• E-Rod was named the opening day starter. Kike is probably going to play every day and bat leadoff most of the time. Still no idea who's closing but I assume that Barnes goes into the season with the job in the absence of any other news.

Comment

• What are the chances JD Martinez plays over 10 games in the OF by the ASB? I went where the value was and ended up with him and Stanton and only one util spot. I know Stanton will not gain elg in the OF, but before I rush to deal JD, wanted to see if folks thought he could pick up elg in theOF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                What are the chances JD Martinez plays over 10 games in the OF by the ASB? I went where the value was and ended up with him and Stanton and only one util spot. I know Stanton will not gain elg in the OF, but before I rush to deal JD, wanted to see if folks thought he could pick up elg in theOF.
                I am afraid I can't be of much help. But it is good to see that someone went with the equivalent of my remarkably successful "3 TE" strategy from football
                ---------------------------------------------
                Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                ---------------------------------------------
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

What are the chances JD Martinez plays over 10 games in the OF by the ASB? I went where the value was and ended up with him and Stanton and only one util spot. I know Stanton will not gain elg in the OF, but before I rush to deal JD, wanted to see if folks thought he could pick up elg in theOF.
                  He had 6 GP in 2019 and he's 2 years older. I will take the under, unfortunately. It's still a smart play. JDM is a bounceback candidate and people will be interested.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• FWIW, JD has played a few games in the OF this spring.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                      FWIW, JD has played a few games in the OF this spring.
                      Yeah, I noticed that, and they do not have much OF depth. He is a butcher out there, though. But maybe.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        He had 6 GP in 2019 and he's 2 years older. I will take the under, unfortunately. It's still a smart play. JDM is a bounceback candidate and people will be interested.
                        Yeah, my whole plan went out the window when I chickened out on paying up for Cole or Bauer. I ended up with a bunch of guys I like pretty cheap, but no studs. Instead of one of the true aces, I landed Paxton, Carrasco, Kluber, and Caleb Smith. I still had unplanned money I had budgeted for an ace, so kept bidding on Stanton when he was still well below my projected value, even though I had Martinez already. My dream scenario would be for him or Martinez to start hot, and to package one of them with one of the three pitchers I got for a better pitcher. Then I won't feel quite so bad about blinking on Cole or Bauer. I think I'd have been better off just spending on one of them that that quartet, but I do like them. Lots of risk in that 4some, though, which is why I got them for the prices I did.

Comment

Yeah, my whole plan went out the window when I chickened out on paying up for Cole or Bauer. I ended up with a bunch of guys I like pretty cheap, but no studs. Instead of one of the true aces, I landed Paxton, Carrasco, Kluber, and Caleb Smith. I still had unplanned money I had budgeted for an ace, so kept bidding on Stanton when he was still well below my projected value, even though I had Martinez already. My dream scenario would be for him or Martinez to start hot, and to package one of them with one of the three pitchers I got for a better pitcher. Then I won't feel quite so bad about blinking on Cole or Bauer. I think I'd have been better off just spending on one of them that that quartet, but I do like them. Lots of risk in that 4some, though, which is why I got them for the prices I did.
                          Do you have 2 UT spots?

Comment

Do you have 2 UT spots?
                            Nope. Fielding offers for Stanton and Martinez now. It looks like I can get Spencer Howard for one, but I prefer a major league upgrade. I think I will roll the dice for the first few weeks and see how the market changes.

Comment

• I don’t get how you ended up with both. You are allowed to draft an illegal roster? Or you draft reserves as well? Good luck, but I would also take the under on OF games played.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                                I don’t get how you ended up with both. You are allowed to draft an illegal roster? Or you draft reserves as well? Good luck, but I would also take the under on OF games played.

It is an auction, and yes, we auction all of our reserves as well. We have deep benches, in fact (10 bench spots). I had money to spend and Stanton was the best player left, and went cheap. Not ideal, but I deal a lot, so I'm sure I can flip him or Martinez at some point.

Comment

Working...
                                X