2K24: Boston Red Sox

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    True, but The Big Hurt played a lot more 1B than DH for most of the first half of his career, through 1997, and played a significant amount there through 2000. I still tend to think of him as a first baseman.
    Anyone who watched him play 1B knew the Big Hurt's natural position was DH. I loved watching the man hit, but wow, was he an awful fielder.
    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
      Anyone who watched him play 1B knew the Big Hurt's natural position was DH. I loved watching the man hit, but wow, was he an awful fielder.
      I don't recall saying he was any good there. I said he played there.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

Red Sox signed Grady "Memba Me?" Sizemore to a 1 yr, $1m deal.

Comment

I assumed Sizemore's knees were shot. Fun spring training storyline to watch but I imagine he won't break camp with the team. Though it would be fun to daydream of old Grady.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            I assumed Sizemore's knees were shot. Fun spring training storyline to watch but I imagine he won't break camp with the team. Though it would be fun to daydream of old Grady.
            Guess I was wrong on this. Still don't envision this lasting though.

Comment

Bradley's poor spring sealed his fate. I think he's too talented to stay in Pawtucket for long but his best attribute doesn't translate to fantasy baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                Guess I was wrong on this. Still don't envision this lasting though.
                Sounds about right. He tried this a couple years ago. Are the odds here really better than the Mark Mulder story?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  Sounds about right. He tried this a couple years ago. Are the odds here really better than the Mark Mulder story?
                  The odds aren't good, but they're still about 100 times better than Mulder coming back successfully.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

What can you Sox fans tell me about Allen Webster and his chances in 2014? Read his change and command were both looking much better in spring training, but will he get a call and a chance to start this year? 2015 role?

Comment

Ha! Grady Sizemore just hit a game-tying HR.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                        What can you Sox fans tell me about Allen Webster and his chances in 2014? Read his change and command were both looking much better in spring training, but will he get a call and a chance to start this year? 2015 role?

I hope so. He seems to have good makeup but goes through these long stretches of control problems. Not missing wildly but just not throwing strikes. He has the arsenal I think from what I've seen from him. i'm sure we will see him again this year but the role is undetermined.

Comment

WTF has happened to Clay Buchholz??? He's been absolutely terrible this season, but today's 3 IP, 8 BB debacle takes the cake.

Comment

If he loses his spot.Who has the best long term upside?

Comment

Originally posted by Blowinmudd View Post
                              If he loses his spot.Who has the best long term upside?
                              Henry Owens has the best upside, but he's still having control issues...although I wouldn't be surprised to see him up and let the major league staff groom him.
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

Listening to what I believe was the WEEI post-game show on Sirius XM, someone suggested that Boston send Buchholz to AAA to get his head on straight. One of the talking heads went farther and suggested that the Red Sox send Buchholz to A-ball in Florida to rebuild his mechanics. I feel a phantom injury DL stint coming up. Certainly they can't put up with this, since it's far too early to just give up on this season.

As for who would replace him, I have no idea. I think Webster is first in line but haven't looked at his results lately.
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X