2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    JJ Hardy is hitting .306 but alarmingly and surprisingly has ZERO HRs. WTF? Good buy low target?
    He HAS to start hitting them, right? If you can get him for nothing, I'd do it.

Comment

Unless he's hiding an injury.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Erik View Post
        Unless he's hiding an injury.
        I thought that as well, but he's hitting well. Usually when guys play through injury, it saps their whole offensive profile, but in Hardy's case, he's actually hitting better than usual but nothing is going over the fence. Did he sacrifice power for AVG?

Comment

How much would you FAAB on Gausman at this point?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

JJ Hardy is hitting .306 but alarmingly and surprisingly has ZERO HRs. WTF? Good buy low target?
            Down to .289, with just 15 RBIs. This is a guy who's hit an average of 25 HRs over the last 3 seasons, WTF is going on here?

Comment

Hardy entered the season as the No. 14 shortstop on the consensus rankings, has ranked 28th in production to date and yet still ranks No. 15 on the latest shortstop consensus rankings. Obviously…
              In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Down to .289, with just 15 RBIs. This is a guy who's hit an average of 25 HRs over the last 3 seasons, WTF is going on here?
                The "everyone is juicing except the guys on my favorite team" crowd would say he's coming off the 'roids.
                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

Did the Orioles by chance get a new hitting coach? Hardy, Davis, Jones (very slow start) all under performing power wise so far...
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Hardy was traded for magic beans in my league. His owner was going to cut him, but ended up dealing him to someone who needed a warm body at MI for a very small amount of FAAB money.
                    Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                    We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Steve Johnson pitching a rehab game here in Aberdeen tonight.
                      Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

Johnson threw 3 innings last night. His velocity looked good but he got hit pretty hard. Couldn't tell how his movement was, as I was right by 3rd base.
                        Considering his only baseball post in the past year was bringing up a 3 year old thread to taunt Hornsby and he's never contributed a dime to our hatpass, perhaps?

Comment

So many are plugging N. Cruz with a performance spike, but the reality is his stats are virtually similar to last year's numbers up to his suspension. Perhaps everyone (like me) figured there would be a PED fall-off,but there hasn't been.

Comment

Jonathan Schoop now expected to be out 6-to-8 weeks. Too bad, he seemed like he was coming into his own this season. Ah well, pick up Everth Cabrera and hope for some kind of rebound.

Comment

Steve Pearce back to his pre-2014 form. Is he now droppable?

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbesmonkey View Post
                                Steve Pearce back to his pre-2014 form. Is he now droppable?
                                Sure, if you want one of your opponents to have him next week.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X