Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2K21: Baltimore Orioles

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    Some very good contracts on this team (Machado + Adam Jones) thru 2018, Chris Davis + Wieters thru 2015.

And two of the meh contracts expire - Brian Roberts & Jason Hammel. Seems like they could make a splash if they wanted to.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

so ... Tommy Hunter at closer now?
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.
    Some people think he's playing chess when actually his aides are trying to stop him from eating the pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    so ... Tommy Hunter at closer now?
    No

He has HUGE splits and lefties crush him. It won't end well.

There are safer options on the FA market that they can get as the FA RP market has plenty of supply and little demand so far.

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Controller Jacobs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlight J View Post
    There are safer options on the FA market that they can get as the FA RP market has plenty of supply and little demand so far.
    Perhaps some patient team will cash in this year, the way the Brewers did with Lohse in 2013.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

already rumours that Balt is interested in Mujica.

From rotoworld--

"Roch Kubatko of MASN Sports reports that the Orioles remain interested in free agent right-hander Francisco Rodriguez, with talks intensifying over the past few weeks.
    The 31-year-old had a resurgence in 2013, compiling a 2.70 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 54/14 K/BB ratio over 46 2/3 innings between the Brewers and Orioles. If signed, K-Rod could assume the closer's role for the O's, or could be used in a setup capacity in front of Tommy Hunter."

I guess got along well with the folks with the Orioles after he was acquired last year. If so, he'd be a quality re-signing.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

The O's signed Delmon Young to a minor league deal. I guess he'll slot right in as their DH, which is currently vacant.

Baltimore is also rumored to be interested in (blast from the past alert!) Jack Cust, who hasn't been in the majors since 2011.
    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
    -- William James

The O's also signed Tyler Colvin, who I thought would be a solid starter last year, but he shit the bed and hasn't been heard from since. Good low cost signing, IMO.