cot's contracts - Orioles team page
    cot's contracts - Orioles 2013
    mlbtraderumors - Orioles page
    fangraphs - team page
    fangraphs - park factors

prospects - rhd, with team highlighted
    prospects - top 10 - Jason Parks, Baseball Prospectus
    prospects - Baltimore Sports Report
    Last edited by Controller Jacobs; 12-11-2013, 10:10 AM.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Some very good contracts on this team (Machado + Adam Jones) thru 2018, Chris Davis + Wieters thru 2015.

And two of the meh contracts expire - Brian Roberts & Jason Hammel. Seems like they could make a splash if they wanted to.
    people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

so ... Tommy Hunter at closer now?
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
        so ... Tommy Hunter at closer now?
        No

He has HUGE splits and lefties crush him. It won't end well.

There are safer options on the FA market that they can get as the FA RP market has plenty of supply and little demand so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          There are safer options on the FA market that they can get as the FA RP market has plenty of supply and little demand so far.
          Perhaps some patient team will cash in this year, the way the Brewers did with Lohse in 2013.

Comment

already rumours that Balt is interested in Mujica.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

From rotoworld--

"Roch Kubatko of MASN Sports reports that the Orioles remain interested in free agent right-hander Francisco Rodriguez, with talks intensifying over the past few weeks.
              The 31-year-old had a resurgence in 2013, compiling a 2.70 ERA, 1.20 WHIP and 54/14 K/BB ratio over 46 2/3 innings between the Brewers and Orioles. If signed, K-Rod could assume the closer's role for the O's, or could be used in a setup capacity in front of Tommy Hunter."

I guess got along well with the folks with the Orioles after he was acquired last year. If so, he'd be a quality re-signing.
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

The O's signed Delmon Young to a minor league deal. I guess he'll slot right in as their DH, which is currently vacant.

Comment

Baltimore is also rumored to be interested in (blast from the past alert!) Jack Cust, who hasn't been in the majors since 2011.

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                  -- William James

Comment

The O's also signed Tyler Colvin, who I thought would be a solid starter last year, but he shit the bed and hasn't been heard from since. Good low cost signing, IMO.

Comment

O's offseason has been cheap garbage.

Colvin has hit .219/.265/.404 away from Coors with a 28% K rate while hitting .265/.316/.511 at home with a 25% K rate.

Pass like gass

Comment

I think the O's signed Aceves, which should increase the psycho level of their bullpen if nothing else.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          I think the O's signed Aceves, which should increase the psycho level of their bullpen if nothing else.
                          He gives extra meaning to the phrase "wild card". He also is a valuable swingman when he's sane.

-- William James

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                            Chris Davis + Wieters thru 2015
                            This is wrong - both are arbitration eligible THIS year - Davis just signed for $10+ million and Wieters has not yet signed

Comment

The O's signed former top prospect Matt LaPorta to a minor league deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X