2K24: Baltimore Orioles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    The O's signed former top prospect Matt LaPorta to a minor league deal.
    And they promptly released him today. Oh, how the mighty have fallen.

Comment

And they cut Cust also.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

David Lough-How much playing time will he get?Whats his outlook for 2014?

Comment

Signed Brett Wallace for some reason.
          Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
          We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by Blowinmudd View Post
            David Lough-How much playing time will he get?Whats his outlook for 2014?
            300-400 AB. He got 300 AB last year largely due to Cain going down He is competing for AB in LF with Cruz and Reimold. Ceiling is low double-digit HR/SB. He won't hurt you and is a nice spare part when he's playing regularly.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

I find it hard to imagine Tommy Hunter holding the closer job for long. But the O's also don't believe O'Day should be the closer. So, where are the speculative saves here? Do the O's change their minds and go with O'Day? Does Guasman end up with the role? Does Brian Matsuz, a lefty, I know, have any shot? Does Bud Norris end up closing at some point?

Comment

Earlier this Spring I had a purely gut feeling that Matusz would end up with it.

Comment

I do think there's a slim chance they give it to Gausman. Ryan Webb is the only guy who doesn't have extreme split issues, but he doesn't have the K% or velo that most managers expect from a closer. I do think they end up giving Matusz a few saves when the 9th inning skews lefty-heavy. Gausman to the rotation and Norris to the bullpen could work too but Norris also has split issues. I'm pretty much avoiding the whole thing but if you have to speculate I'd go with Matusz and Webb.

Comment

Ryan Webb

Ryan Webb was one last week’s more surprising non-tenders. Miami decided Webb wasn’t worth his projected $1.5 million salary, according to Matt Swartz’s arbitration projections. In the past two…

Comment

Kevin Gausman and Jemile Weeks sent down.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                        Read this a few days before my draft, and could have had him for $1 in the end-game, but held my breath and got him on reserve. And just so I wouldn't ever get confused, I drafted Daniel Webb on reserve as well. Haha. 2014, the Year of the Webb! Mark my words!

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
                          Read this a few days before my draft, and could have had him for $1 in the end-game, but held my breath and got him on reserve. And just so I wouldn't ever get confused, I drafted Daniel Webb on reserve as well. Haha. 2014, the Year of the Webb! Mark my words!
                          Do you have Webbcam?

What's the take on Zach Britton? I always thought he had talent. He seems to be cranking pretty well in the pen. Is there upside here?

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                            Do you have Webbcam?

What's the take on Zach Britton? I always thought he had talent. He seems to be cranking pretty well in the pen. Is there upside here?

J
                            No, but I do seem to have a lot of Cob-Webbs. So far, the Year of the Webb hasn't really gotten off the ground, but there's still time!

Comment

JJ Hardy is hitting .306 but alarmingly and surprisingly has ZERO HRs. WTF? Good buy low target?

Comment

Chris Davis fucking blows. He had two good games two weeks ago and other than that..nada.
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X