Page 67 of 68 FirstFirst ... 175765666768 LastLast

Thread: 2K22: Toronto Blue Jays

Quote Originally Posted by Teenwolf View Post
    We need another SP, but I'm not sure if I would target Ray, depending how high the bidding goes. I prefer short term deals for older SP, mainly Scherzer and Verlander, rather than having 2 very expensive SP locked up for 7 years apiece. I certainly wouldn't complain if we got Ray back, just worried about the money part.

I'm curious to see what they do on the trade front this winter. Alejandro Kirk and Lourdes Gurriel look most expendable, and some combination with prospects.... I still hope that we could land José Ramirez from the Guardians. But I think they hold onto him for the 1st half, sell some new jerseys.
    I agree with you re: the trade front, interesting to see how that plays out; if we lose out on Ray I wonder if that pkg might be enough to pry Luis Castillo from Cin

Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    I agree with you re: the trade front, interesting to see how that plays out; if we lose out on Ray I wonder if that pkg might be enough to pry Luis Castillo from Cin
    I am pretty sure that Miami is trying to get Either Kirk or preferably Moreno for one of their pitchers...Elieser Hernandez or Pablo Lopez. Likely a larger package but they would be the principals.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauly View Post
    I am pretty sure that Miami is trying to get Either Kirk or preferably Moreno for one of their pitchers...Elieser Hernandez or Pablo Lopez. Likely a larger package but they would be the principals.
    pretty sure that Moreno is untouchable, but I sure hope there are discussions going on re: what would have to be added to a Kirk package for Elieser (I don't think we could come up with a Lopez pkg without including Moreno, but I just don't see that happening)

Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid pitbull's Avatar
    The Blue Jays have fired manager Charlie Montoyo.

Journeyman
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbull View Post
    The Blue Jays have fired manager Charlie Montoyo.
    Playing with an edge > Playing the bongos

The Jays need someone with a bit more killer instinct at the helm.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Down the river ..................from PNC Park
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Journeyman
    I figured I'd be sympathetic to the Boston fans and post this here instead in the RedSox thread. A modern Boston Massacre is happening tonite, as Toronto is leading 25-3 in the 5th inning. Every starter for the Jays has at least 2 hits, as well as scoring at least 2 runs and everyone but Kirk has at least 1 RBI. Only 14 teams have scored more than 25 runs in MLB history and the record is 30 runs. This is a road game for the Jays so they will bat 4 more times to have a chance of making history.

Edit 1: 27-3 now on Jansen's 2nd HR of the game w the Jays still batting in the 6th w no outs. A MLB team has scored over 27 runs only 5 times.

27-3 now

Inside the park "grand slam" on an embarrassing error by the Sox. Unless the Red Sox get their asses in gear, they will now have a negative run differential for the season after this game.
    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Journeyman
    Final score: 28-3. Only 4 MLB games in which a team score more runs. All the starters had at least 3 hits, except for Vlad, who was taken out in the 6th after going 2-4 w 2 R and 2 RBI, and Espinal, who went 2-6 w 4 R and an RBI. Every starter scored at least 2 R and 3 different players scored 4 R. If I know Boston fans, they're probably ready to tar and feather someone rt now.