2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

testing the format of possible new team threads ...

Baseball Reference page - Toronto Blue Jays
    mlb depth charts - Toronto Blue Jays
    cot's contracts - Blue Jays team page
    cot's contracts - Blue Jays 2013
    mlbtraderumors - Blue Jays page
    Baseball America top 10 Blue Jays minor leaguers 2013
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

That works. Make an index thread for all the teams and sticky only yhat thread.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Using WAR as a shortcut, pitching is what went wrong in 2013.
      combined hitters: 22.8
      combined pitchers: 8.5

Dickey and Buerhle are fine, but do they have three legit AL East starters between J.A. Happ, Kyle Drabek, Brandon Morrow, Todd Redmond, Ricky Romero ... somebody else? They already have some salary spikes in 2014: Dickey, Buerhle, Melky contracts go up by a combined $20M.

Is it throwing good money after bad to add another $30M/year on another couple starters? Maybe they can find a great defensive catcher?
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post

Dickey and Buerhle are fine, but do they have three legit AL East starters between J.A. Happ, Kyle Drabek, Brandon Morrow, Todd Redmond, Ricky Romero ... somebody else? They already have some salary spikes in 2014: Dickey, Buerhle, Melky contracts go up by a combined $20M.
        Remond pitched well enough to be in the rotation. Happ ate innings and hopefully Drabek finally delivers something.

I don't think Morrow will hold up as a starter and needs to be given a look as the closer or setup man.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

The offense should be awesome again.
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

from a fan perspective it would be nice to see the Jays bring back Doc on a heavily weighted performance based contract

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
              The offense should be awesome again.
              They've got all the pieces, they just never seem to fit together.

SS Reyes
              3B Lawrie
              RF Bautista
              1B E40
              DH Lind
              CF Rasmus
              LF Melky
              2B black hole
              C black hole

Comment

Rotation locks as of today:

Dickey
                Buehrle
                Morrow

#4-5

Happ
                Hutchison

Waiting in the wings:

Sean Nolin
                Marcus Stroman
                Aaron Sanchez

I fully expect to see one rotation upgrade. I think Mark Buehrle gets dealt somewhere more pitbull-friendly, and we see 2 new SP's from outside the org.

Stroman is said to look ready for the bigs, (all the scouts at the AFL were drooling over him recently, our own Paul Sporer included) but I'll bet the Jays hold him down in AAA for 2 months to secure Super 2 status.

Happ is either being traded or heading to the pen. I don't think he stays in the rotation going forward.

Sanchez will likely need another full season in the minors, but starting in AA, he could foreseeably help the big club by July or August if his AFL progress is a sign of things to come.

Sean Nolin is the guy to not forget about. He's never been a sexy pick on prospect lists, but I like his chances to break into the rotation and stick. Good control arm with possible plus velo from a lefty. Not overly ground-ball heavy (45% in A+, 36% in AA) and yet retains low-ish BABIP and HR/9 rates. I'm sure others will have more details on him.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Barring a trade for a big arm, I wonder if AA is considering either of the notable reconstruction projects on a 1-year incentive based contract. Haven't heard anything re: Doc or Santana. Halladay is still 36, Santana is 34. Depending on how their medical reports are I'd be willing to take a shot on one of them.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                    Barring a trade for a big arm, I wonder if AA is considering either of the notable reconstruction projects
                    Kinda like hoping for Brandon Morrow....
                    Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                      Kinda like hoping for Brandon Morrow....
                      true enough ... as I look at the available SPs on the market tho there is an awful lot of mediocrity ...

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        true enough ... as I look at the available SPs on the market tho there is an awful lot of mediocrity ...
                        Funny how there has been a noticeable drop in power, but most pitching is still quite blah.
                        Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Jays sign Dioner Navarro to a 2-year deal, which basically spells the end of the JP Arencibia era.

Comment

I have a feeling the Mets are going to end up with Arencibia

Comment

at first blush I'm a bit surprised that this happened before they dealt Arencibia ... then again once the FA C's get taken (as is now happening) perhaps the trade market for catchers will be a bit warmer

I just googled his name + defense to try to gauge how much of an improvement, and get a very wide range of responses ...

Navarro also proved to be valuable as a defensive asset as he was able to control the opposition’s game effectively thanks to his incredible game-calling skills.
                              http://www.rantsports.com/mlb/2013/1...ioner-navarro/

Navarro’s poor defense and lack of familiarity with the pitching staff are knocks against him.
                              http://riveraveblues.com/2013/07/cotillo-cubs-looking-to-move-dioner-navarro-90420/

Comment

Working...
                              X