2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    If the Jays make the playoffs, it will be hard not to put Vlad 1st on your MVP ballot.
    I voted for him.

Comment

• With his 44th HR, Marcus Semien breaks the MLB record for most HRs by a 2nd Baseman in a season, previously held by Davey Johnson.

Comment

• Pretty sure Robbie Ray sealed up the Cy Young with Cole’s performance tonight.

Comment

Pretty sure Robbie Ray sealed up the Cy Young with Cole’s performance tonight.
          Maybe Cole will give another whiny interview about how unfairly he has been treated by MLB.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Pretty sure Robbie Ray sealed up the Cy Young with Cole’s performance tonight.
            Not so fast...

(I think Ray still gets it. His ERA is better by a lot)
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
              Not so fast...

(I think Ray still gets it. His ERA is better by a lot)
              yeah, it wasn't a clunker but those HRs really hurt.

I agree, I think he still gets it.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I've seen the question posed a few times, so I'm coming to the experts. Which RFA do the Jays need more: Ray or Semien?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Ray. Lots of SS availability.

Comment

• I’d go with Ray, too. The Jays have the luxury of signing any 2B, SS, or 3B and moving Bichette and Biggio to accommodate. They already have a ton of offense, so a drop off from Semien to whoever they sign probably won’t hurt much, either.

Ray clearly got it in Toronto. Makes sense to keep a top tier SP and a guy who can go for a lot of innings if they need him to.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• yep, general consensus in the Jays forums & such is that Semien can be replaced (partially if not fully) but Ray can't easily - heck we could use another strong SP along with Ray. Having said that, I'm not super confident that we will resign him ... which might lead to the need for trading more prospects to Miami or Cinci
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        Ray. Lots of SS availability.
                        Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                        I’d go with Ray, too. The Jays have the luxury of signing any 2B, SS, or 3B and moving Bichette and Biggio to accommodate. They already have a ton of offense, so a drop off from Semien to whoever they sign probably won’t hurt much, either.

Ray clearly got it in Toronto. Makes sense to keep a top tier SP and a guy who can go for a lot of innings if they need him to.
                        Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                        yep, general consensus in the Jays forums & such is that Semien can be replaced (partially if not fully) but Ray can't easily - heck we could use another strong SP along with Ray. Having said that, I'm not super confident that we will resign him ... which might lead to the need for trading more prospects to Miami or Cinci
                        I feel the same way. Good point about moving CB8 or BB11 - the Jays could sign a 2B/3B/SS and make it work. I think Semien will get more offers so they have a better shot at signing Ray. What a brilliant move it was to sign him for 2021.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Blue Jays sign Jose Berrios to a 7-year, $131 Mil extension.

I dunno about Berrios. I don't think he's an SP1, and I think he could even fade from a reliable #2 to a back-end guy within a few years. I've heard that his pitch mix is limited, and that he has less room for error if anything in his small repertoire backs up. I hope it goes well for them, but I wasn't terribly excited by the trade, and I'm a bit leery of committing to 7 years with Berrios.
                          Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                            Blue Jays sign Jose Berrios to a 7-year, $131 Mil extension.

I dunno about Berrios. I don't think he's an SP1, and I think he could even fade from a reliable #2 to a back-end guy within a few years. I've heard that his pitch mix is limited, and that he has less room for error if anything in his small repertoire backs up. I hope it goes well for them, but I wasn't terribly excited by the trade, and I'm a bit leery of committing to 7 years with Berrios.
                            Seven years is always a risk with pitchers, but I still thought this was a solid signing. About $18.7 MM AAV for a guy who's 27 and has been very durable. I agree with you that he's not a #1 ace type, but you're not getting a #1 ace type at age 27 for less than $28 mil/year in the market today, unless that ace has some serious red flags, like Darvish with his recent TJ surgery. He's a three-pitch guy with mid-90s velocity.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• yeah I feel the same as chance - he's a solid #2 / #3, and at under $20M per that's reasonable. And with his work ethic, he's young enough there's the potential for more from him.
                              If we manage to resign Ray that would be Ray-Berrios-Ryu-Manoah for the next couple of years. Noice.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                                yeah I feel the same as chance - he's a solid #2 / #3, and at under $20M per that's reasonable. And with his work ethic, he's young enough there's the potential for more from him.
                                If we manage to resign Ray that would be Ray-Berrios-Ryu-Manoah for the next couple of years. Noice.
                                We need another SP, but I'm not sure if I would target Ray, depending how high the bidding goes. I prefer short term deals for older SP, mainly Scherzer and Verlander, rather than having 2 very expensive SP locked up for 7 years apiece. I certainly wouldn't complain if we got Ray back, just worried about the money part.

I'm curious to see what they do on the trade front this winter. Alejandro Kirk and Lourdes Gurriel look most expendable, and some combination with prospects.... I still hope that we could land José Ramirez from the Guardians. But I think they hold onto him for the 1st half, sell some new jerseys.
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X