2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    This is absolutely indicative of his chances of losing the job to Grichuk as soon as Springer comes back. How could it not be?
    If this is serious the "how could it not be" would be "if management is rationale they will understand that small sample sizes mean almost nothing and we should start the actual best hitter and not the one slumping in the short term which every single hitter in the history of baseball has done at one point or another".

There are many rational reasons NOT to follow small sample size silliness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
      If this is serious the "how could it not be" would be "if management is rationale they will understand that small sample sizes mean almost nothing and we should start the actual best hitter and not the one slumping in the short term which every single hitter in the history of baseball has done at one point or another".

There are many rational reasons NOT to follow small sample size silliness.
      But there are/were serious questions as to which one is the best hitter Tellez vs. Grichuk anyway. This is more like confirmation bias than small sample size silliness (but they are of course, related).

ETA: And guess who is benched today in favor of Joe Panik.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
        2019-20: 146 games, 29 HR.

2021: 0-15, 5 K.

Does anybody honestly believe this is indicative of anything for Tellez's future?
        Well, maybe. There's an additional complication, I think - by playing Grichuk in the OF, they can move Teoscar to DH if Tellez is benched once Springer is back. I'm not sure how Teoscar is doing this year, but my eye test from prior years is Grichuk is a better defender than Teoscar is. Small sample and all for this year for Tellez, but a really sucky start by Tellez is very likely going to influence the near term usage, IMO.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

But there are/were serious questions as to which one is the best hitter Tellez vs. Grichuk anyway.
          Right, but 15 AB doesn't tell you anything about answering that question. If they think it does, then IMO they are misinterpreting the data and hopefully as baseball front offices are getting smarter they don't fall into those traps of the 1980s anymore.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          This is more like confirmation bias than small sample size silliness (but they are of course, related).
          I guess. Teams are widely panned these days for making any serious decisions based on spring training stats, much less 5 games.

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          ETA: And guess who is benched today in favor of Joe Panik.
          Sure, give him a breather, no issue there.

Look, Tellez may not get the AB this year due to this 5 game stretch. It's possible. It's stupid if so, but it's possible.

Comment

• well apparently George Springer has developed a case of joshdonaldsonitis so Tellez will have a bit more time to get untracked
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
              well apparently George Springer has developed a case of joshdonaldsonitis so Tellez will have a bit more time to get untracked
              I knew it was the right move to drop him at $40X in the RJ experts league. That injury is so frequently re-aggravated.

Tellez gets full-time PA as long as one of Grichuk, Teoscar, Gurriel, Springer, or Vlad are hurt... over the course of the season, I expect most of those guys to hit the DL at some point. He should get at least 450 PA, I think.

The thing that matters most to Jays management is service time. Tellez is just coming into arbitration years, so they need to see what they have. Grichuk is into year 2 or 3 of a 5 year deal. They know what he offers. There's more incentive to play Tellez than Grichuk. If he's still struggling after 120 PA, then management might seek to make a change, but Tellez has earned himself a lot more rope than 15 AB.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• the way things are going Tellez might have to play in the OF! Both Gurriel and Tesocar are out for covid precautions ... that's now the entire starting OF out.
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  the way things are going Tellez might have to play in the OF! Both Gurriel and Tesocar are out for covid precautions ... that's now the entire starting OF out.
                  Yet somehow they started Jonathan Davis (Korn's lead singer went 0-4, 3 K's) and Josh Palacios (0-3, 2 K's) with Tellez benched.

Seems dumb to delay him getting his first hit of the season so purposefully. Hopefully one drops in and he gets the monkey off his back, starts producing again.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Sunday's game between the Angels and Blue Jays has been postponed due to rain.

The game will be made up as part of the doubleheader on August 10 in Anaheim.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Robbie Ray starting today against the Yankees. Start or sit ?
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
                        Robbie Ray starting today against the Yankees. Start or sit ?
                        Fanduel gave me a free entry to today's contest....my lineup includes Sanchez, Lemahieu, Judge and Stanton.

Comment

Fanduel gave me a free entry to today's contest....my lineup includes Sanchez, Lemahieu, Judge and Stanton.
                          Lol. Yeah I may sit him for this one
                          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Aaron Sanchez may get lit up today

Comment

• Teoscar has covid, will be out at least the next 10 days.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Teoscar has covid, will be out at least the next 10 days.
                                That's ok. I needed more time to avoid a roster crunch.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X