2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    um, I dunno ... but this was how one of our papers chose to handle it ...
    Brilliant writing.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Is the scuttle in Toronto that Yamaguchi is going to get a chance to start? I am trying to choose between him and Sean Newcomb in the 34th round

Comment

• yeah, he's definitely in the mix for the 5th spot ... there's some competition tho so it's certainly not a sure thing (Thornton, Kay, amongst others)
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
          Is the scuttle in Toronto that Yamaguchi is going to get a chance to start? I am trying to choose between him and Sean Newcomb in the 34th round
          Even if he doesn't beat out Thornton (and I don't think he will), keep in mind the only thing in his way to a SP slot is Shoemaker's health. My POV is you can almost make book on another Toronto pitcher logging 20-25 starts just for that reason.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Just how bad has Chase Anderson been this spring? I don't have any shares, so I was surprised by a suggestion that Nate Pearson may make the team out of camp because of Anderson's issues. Is there any truth to it?

J
            Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
              Just how bad has Chase Anderson been this spring? I don't have any shares, so I was surprised by a suggestion that Nate Pearson may make the team out of camp because of Anderson's issues. Is there any truth to it?
              He's been, to quote Charles Barkley, turrble. Really turrrble. He's been pummeled every outing so far.

That said, I don't think the Jays are going to move him to the pen just yet and put Pearson in a Super Two position.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                He's been, to quote Charles Barkley, turrble. Really turrrble. He's been pummeled every outing so far.

That said, I don't think the Jays are going to move him to the pen just yet and put Pearson in a Super Two position.
                I wonder... they might just be able to limp along for 16 days or whatever to at least get the extra year of control before calling him up. Or maybe they PLAN to do that and if they start out 4-10, they don't bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  I wonder... they might just be able to limp along for 16 days or whatever to at least get the extra year of control before calling him up. Or maybe they PLAN to do that and if they start out 4-10, they don't bother.
                  You're right about being able to limp along, even if Anderson is moved to the pen, though that likely also depends on Shoemaker staying healthy. But I'd think some combination of Yamaguchi (who has also looked pretty bad), Waguespack, and Gaviglio could hold down a #5 SP slot for the few times they'd need it in April. Gaviglio is the one I'm keeping my eye on - if they start stretching him out to 3 innings and more, it means they're likely moving him into a SP role at least temporarily. I suspect they'd prefer him in the pen - he was much more effective there - but he at least has some background as a SP.

Comment

• keep in mind that no matter how well he pitches, Pearson will be on a very strict IP limit ... a key reason for not having him break with big league club ( it will be easier to take him out of a tight game in the 5th inning in Buffalo).
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• So has Thornton moved up to #4 in the pecking order based on his good spring? He seems much more solid than he was a few weeks ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                        So has Thornton moved up to #4 in the pecking order based on his good spring? He seems much more solid than he was a few weeks ago.
                        That's how I'm seeing it - Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Thornton, warm body TBD.

Comment

• There is some serious age there. Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker are all 33+, Yamaguchi is 31, Anderson 32.

The Rangers are able make an older staff work, but this one may be breaking down.

J
                          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Jays announced Vlad will be a 1st baseman/DH beginning this season. There goes position eligibility value!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              Jays announced Vlad will be a 1st baseman/DH beginning this season. There goes position eligibility value!
                              This move was inevitable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                This move was inevitable.
                                Sure, but at age 21?

Comment

Working...
                                X