2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Taijuan Walker, Robbie Ray, Jonathan Villar ... this trade deadline is a nice change from recent ones!!!
    Amen. We could add Vogelbach to that list.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      Taijuan Walker, Robbie Ray, Jonathan Villar ... this trade deadline is a nice change from recent ones!!!
      I do not think that you will like Robbie Ray.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        I do not think that you will like Robbie Ray.
        He's our fifth starter. Hopefully Pete Walker can make some tweaks and turn his season around.

Right now our rotation is as follows:

Ryu
        Walker
        Roark
        Anderson
        Ray

In the playoffs, it's Ryu/Walker/Roark which isn't terrifying but gives us a chance to win.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          He's our fifth starter. Hopefully Pete Walker can make some tweaks and turn his season around.

Right now our rotation is as follows:

Ryu
          Walker
          Roark
          Anderson
          Ray

In the playoffs, it's Ryu/Walker/Roark which isn't terrifying but gives us a chance to win.
          Where's Stripling in all this

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
            Where's Stripling in all this
            Long relief, probably. He's certainly had better success there compared to starting.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• They used an opener with Robbie Ray tonight. Interesting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                They used an opener with Robbie Ray tonight. Interesting.
                Tomorrow's outing should shed more light, but will he be useful in an AL only?

The trade deadline NL guys are available in tomorrow's FAAB run. I just traded for Maeda and picked up DNorris and Yamaguchi for help in ratios. Ray/Villar/France figure to be the guys who get all the remaining FAAB thrown at them. 5 teams have more than me but historically players have always fallen to me (Carlos Gomez, HOU was the last notable player). Is Ray worth going after? I own Bo so Villar would be my next target as a handcuff and also to block other teams, tho I doubt he'd fall to me.

Comment

• Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun reports that Teoscar Hernandez is expected to miss "serious time" due to an injury in his rib area.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There goes Teo's MVP award.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Rob Longley of the Toronto Sun reports that Teoscar Hernandez is expected to miss "serious time" due to an injury in his rib area.
                      For those who want to see the glass half full, he had an MRI today and was not placed on the IR.

Comment

• Blue Jays place OF Teoscar Hernandez on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Vlad Jr. stole a base tonight. Yankees use the shift and put the catcher in LF?

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
                            Vlad Jr. stole a base tonight. Yankees use the shift and put the catcher in LF?
                            Ah. I was wondering what registered about 2.9 on the Richter scale last night. Must have been Vladdy's slide.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Any other longtime Jay's fans excited to see Plesac and Quantrill on the same team again? I loved their dads out of the Toronto pen, even if it was during the playoff drought.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Rowdy Tellez is expected to be placed on the IL after an MRI revealed a right knee strain.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X