2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    wow ... from rotoworld's depth charts, the Jays SP list ...

Clay Buchholz IL
    Trent Thorton IL
    Clayton Richard IL
    Ryan Borucki IL
    Matt Shoemaker IL
    Jacob Waguespack

The only non-IL starter is Waguespack - and he's an opener who only goes one inning.

And on the relief side we have a guy listed named Buddy Boshers. WTF is a Buddy Boshers???

The next couple of months are gonna be painnnnnnful.
    Try and watch the Tigers sometime!!!
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Jays pick up Zack Godley off waivers. Arb-eligible, sub-$1M salary, not a free agent until 2023. Nice low-cost pickup, hopefully he can find his stuff again.
      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Jays pick up Zack Godley off waivers. Arb-eligible, sub-$1M salary, not a free agent until 2023. Nice low-cost pickup, hopefully he can find his stuff again.
        Wow, I was on vacation and missed this. Great move. He has upside based on 2018 and they need arms in the rotation.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• not much to cheer for us Jays fans this year, but in AAA Buffalo tonite TJ Zeuch throws a no hitter! 9.0 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 3 K (114 pitches)

... saved by this 9th inning 1-out catch by Jonathan Davis ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The rotation now sits (order to be debated): Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Anderson, and Thornton/Borucki/?, with Nate Pearson expected up mid-year.

After this past season where we had starts from guys named Feirabend and Boshers, getting Ryu is a great Christmas present. Obviously there's a ton of injury risk with that rotation but we should now have the depth to absorb a few hits; and in a couple of years when we're hopefully truly competitive Ryu should fit in nicely as a #3-4. And there's still salary room to add a CF (Starling Marte would look great leading off with this group).

How many days til ST?

Comment

The rotation now sits (order to be debated): Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Anderson, and Thornton/Borucki/?, with Nate Pearson expected up mid-year.

After this past season where we had starts from guys named Feirabend and Boshers, getting Ryu is a great Christmas present. Obviously there's a ton of injury risk with that rotation but we should now have the depth to absorb a few hits; and in a couple of years when we're hopefully truly competitive Ryu should fit in nicely as a #3-4. And there's still salary room to add a CF (Starling Marte would look great leading off with this group).

How many days til ST?
              I like adding Ryu, and I dont mind the 4 year, $80 Mil terms... but it includes an opt-out clause, which I kind of hate. I guess if he opts out in 2 years you can add Roark's $12 Mil to either re-up Ryu or afford a similar free agent splurge. I like that it speeds up their contention window in general.
              Last edited by Teenwolf; 12-23-2019, 09:20 AM.
              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Oh, and I loved the Travis Shaw signing, with an extra year of control at a cheap rate if he plays well. Very similar to their buy-low on Smoak, at the same point in their arbitration timelines, and Smoak worked out great. Although Smoak was much younger at the time, so had more untapped potential.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• I was expecting another season like 2019. Anderson and Roark will eat innings but we were without an ace. Landing Ryu is huge and shows commitment to building a competitive team. I'm pretty excited.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    I was expecting another season like 2019. Anderson and Roark will eat innings but we were without an ace. Landing Ryu is huge and shows commitment to building a competitive team. I'm pretty excited.
                    Yeah, I like they are going for it. Ideally, you'd like to spend on a more durable top arm, but they are really pricey and hard to get. I'd probably bet the under on 100 games for Ryu on that contract, but chances are they will be really good games at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      I like adding Ryu, and I dont mind the 4 year, $80 Mil terms... but it includes an opt-out clause, which I kind of hate. I guess if he opts out in 2 years you can add Roark's $12 Mil to either re-up Ryu or afford a similar free agent splurge. I like that it speeds up their contention window in general.
                      Terms of the deal released. No opt-out clause, just a limited no-trade. I like it much better knowing there's no opt-out.

Comment

The rotation now sits (order to be debated): Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Anderson, and Thornton/Borucki/?, with Nate Pearson expected up mid-year.
                        Add 32 year old Japanese SP Shun Yamaguchi to the mix. He had a 2.91 ERA, 1.16 WHIP and 188/60 K/BB ratio ratio across 170 innings for the Yomiuri Giants last season.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• WTF? Blue Jays catcher Reese Mcguire was arrested last week for choking up on his bat while inside his parked SUV in a Florida shopping center parking lot.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/12/reese...organs-arrest/
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                            WTF? Blue Jays catcher Reese Mcguire was arrested last week for choking up on his bat while inside his parked SUV in a Florida shopping center parking lot.

https://www.tmz.com/2020/02/12/reese...organs-arrest/
                            I wonder if anyone will tease him about this?

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                              I wonder if anyone will tease him about this?
                              um, I dunno ... but this was how one of our papers chose to handle it ...

Comment

Working...
                              X