2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
    Is Alford worth a reserve pick in an AL only? One pick and I'm up...looking at Alford and Biggio. Their prices for 2020 only would be $5 and $2 based on who I draft first.

I'm also looking at Hildenberger in case he finds his way into the closer mix.
    I don't think Hildenberger is getting into the mix, but who knows with the Twins? I don't know why the Jays seem opposed to playing Alford. I think I'd look at Biggio first, TBH.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
      I don't know why the Jays seem opposed to playing Alford.
      To be fair he didn't exactly tear up the minors last year. .238/.314/.339 doesn't typically get you a promotion.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
        I don't think Hildenberger is getting into the mix, but who knows with the Twins? I don't know why the Jays seem opposed to playing Alford. I think I'd look at Biggio first, TBH.
        I grabbed Barria and Biggio. The next pick was Alford.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          I grabbed Barria and Biggio. The next pick was Alford.
          I think you did well, Alford is one of those guys who look like they're exceptional athletes, but questionable baseball players.

I owned him for a couple of years...frustrating.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Bo Bichette - broken hand (left, non-throwing) in Buffalo after HBP yesterday

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Vlad Jr. making his MLB debut on Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                Vlad Jr. making his MLB debut on Friday.
                I've heard that he's good.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The newest Blue Jay, Edwin Jackson, has now pitched for an MLB record 14 different teams!
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jays recalling Cavan Biggio & Lourdes Gurriel today.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      The newest Blue Jay, Edwin Jackson, has now pitched for an MLB record 14 different teams!
                      He might set a new record soon -- he's allowed 14 HRs in 25 1/3 IP!

Comment

He might set a new record soon -- he's allowed 14 HRs in 25 1/3 IP!
                        I dunno, if he can't stay in this year's Jays' rotation he likely won't catch on anywhere. But he has indeed been gawd-awful.
                        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Bo Bichette gets the call, completing the 'son of stars' troika in Toronto.

Comment

Bo Bichette gets the call, completing the 'son of stars' troika in Toronto.
                            Lourdes Gurriel Jr's dad was a Cuban league star. Also, Griffin Conine is looking like a possible regular, currently in High A ball.
                            Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• This guy was in the stands at my rec softball game tonight as he's friends with a teammate. He now plays for our local Can-Am league team. He had his New Hampshire Fisher Cats championship ring on. He played with Vlad, Bo and Cavan last year.

I'm going to miss our next game and he is going to sub. There is a soccer field beyond right field and I want to see if he can hit a softball over it and onto the next field.

https://www.baseball-reference.com/r...d=pinto-000edu

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• wow ... from rotoworld's depth charts, the Jays SP list ...

Clay Buchholz IL
                                Trent Thorton IL
                                Clayton Richard IL
                                Ryan Borucki IL
                                Matt Shoemaker IL
                                Jacob Waguespack

The only non-IL starter is Waguespack - and he's an opener who only goes one inning.

And on the relief side we have a guy listed named Buddy Boshers. WTF is a Buddy Boshers???

The next couple of months are gonna be painnnnnnful.

Comment

Working...
                                X