Page 46 of 47 FirstFirst ... 3644454647 LastLast
Results 451 to 460 of 469

Thread: 2K20: Toronto Blue Jays

  1. #451
    Welcome to the Big Leagues, Kid Vecmizer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Detroit Rock City
    Posts
    2,130
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    wow ... from rotoworld's depth charts, the Jays SP list ...

    Clay Buchholz IL
    Trent Thorton IL
    Clayton Richard IL
    Ryan Borucki IL
    Matt Shoemaker IL
    Jacob Waguespack

    The only non-IL starter is Waguespack - and he's an opener who only goes one inning.

    And on the relief side we have a guy listed named Buddy Boshers. WTF is a Buddy Boshers???

    The next couple of months are gonna be painnnnnnful.
    Try and watch the Tigers sometime!!!
    Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
    Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA


    Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

  2. #452
    Journeyman TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,586
    Jays pick up Zack Godley off waivers. Arb-eligible, sub-$1M salary, not a free agent until 2023. Nice low-cost pickup, hopefully he can find his stuff again.

  3. #453
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,273
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Jays pick up Zack Godley off waivers. Arb-eligible, sub-$1M salary, not a free agent until 2023. Nice low-cost pickup, hopefully he can find his stuff again.
    Wow, I was on vacation and missed this. Great move. He has upside based on 2018 and they need arms in the rotation.

    The FOS | MTARBL Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13-15
    12 Team AL 5x5
    2020 Keepers
    CVazquez 1 NLowe 5 RNunez 3 Lemahieu 11 Bichette 6 Biggio 2 YAlvarez 1
    YChirinos 1 McKay 2 DGerman 2 Heaney 4

  4. #454
    Journeyman TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,586
    not much to cheer for us Jays fans this year, but in AAA Buffalo tonite TJ Zeuch throws a no hitter! 9.0 IP, 0 H, 1 BB, 3 K (114 pitches)

    ... saved by this 9th inning 1-out catch by Jonathan Davis ...


  5. #455

  6. #456
    Journeyman TranaGreg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    downtown
    Posts
    4,586
    The rotation now sits (order to be debated): Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Anderson, and Thornton/Borucki/?, with Nate Pearson expected up mid-year.

    After this past season where we had starts from guys named Feirabend and Boshers, getting Ryu is a great Christmas present. Obviously there's a ton of injury risk with that rotation but we should now have the depth to absorb a few hits; and in a couple of years when we're hopefully truly competitive Ryu should fit in nicely as a #3-4. And there's still salary room to add a CF (Starling Marte would look great leading off with this group).

    How many days til ST?

  7. #457
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,645
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    The rotation now sits (order to be debated): Ryu, Roark, Shoemaker, Anderson, and Thornton/Borucki/?, with Nate Pearson expected up mid-year.

    After this past season where we had starts from guys named Feirabend and Boshers, getting Ryu is a great Christmas present. Obviously there's a ton of injury risk with that rotation but we should now have the depth to absorb a few hits; and in a couple of years when we're hopefully truly competitive Ryu should fit in nicely as a #3-4. And there's still salary room to add a CF (Starling Marte would look great leading off with this group).

    How many days til ST?
    I like adding Ryu, and I dont mind the 4 year, $80 Mil terms... but it includes an opt-out clause, which I kind of hate. I guess if he opts out in 2 years you can add Roark's $12 Mil to either re-up Ryu or afford a similar free agent splurge. I like that it speeds up their contention window in general.
    Last edited by Teenwolf; 12-23-2019 at 10:20 AM.

  8. #458
    Journeyman Teenwolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Thunder Bay, ON, CAN
    Posts
    2,645
    Oh, and I loved the Travis Shaw signing, with an extra year of control at a cheap rate if he plays well. Very similar to their buy-low on Smoak, at the same point in their arbitration timelines, and Smoak worked out great. Although Smoak was much younger at the time, so had more untapped potential.

  9. #459
    Journeyman
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    3,273
    I was expecting another season like 2019. Anderson and Roark will eat innings but we were without an ace. Landing Ryu is huge and shows commitment to building a competitive team. I'm pretty excited.

    The FOS | MTARBL Champions 01/05/17 | Runner up 13-15
    12 Team AL 5x5
    2020 Keepers
    CVazquez 1 NLowe 5 RNunez 3 Lemahieu 11 Bichette 6 Biggio 2 YAlvarez 1
    YChirinos 1 McKay 2 DGerman 2 Heaney 4

  10. #460
    All Star Sour Masher's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Binghamton, NY
    Posts
    6,436
    Quote Originally Posted by virgonomic View Post
    I was expecting another season like 2019. Anderson and Roark will eat innings but we were without an ace. Landing Ryu is huge and shows commitment to building a competitive team. I'm pretty excited.
    Yeah, I like they are going for it. Ideally, you'd like to spend on a more durable top arm, but they are really pricey and hard to get. I'd probably bet the under on 100 games for Ryu on that contract, but chances are they will be really good games at least.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •