No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Randal Grichuk is dealing with plantar fasciitis. Apparently he had issues with them last season as well. Something to keep an eye on.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      Randal Grichuk is dealing with plantar fasciitis. Apparently he had issues with them last season as well. Something to keep an eye on.
      Bump up...ummmm... Billy McKinney? Teoscar's ABs get a little more solidified?

Comment

Randal Grichuk is dealing with plantar fasciitis. Apparently he had issues with them last season as well. Something to keep an eye on.
        I saw a tweet last night that apparently this was false ... he had them last season but is fine this spring. Guess I need to vet my sources better.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• so official roster clarification, with Morales gone, Rowdy Tellez is added to the 25-man roster (not Alford)

Comment

• So is this a "good" thing for Alford, in that being at AAA he'll continue to get regular ABs and come up when he's deemed ready? Or does it signify a lack of confidence in him? Should he get a bump up or down in terms of fantasy relevance as a result of this? I forget how much of the prospect shine he still may have...

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
              So is this a "good" thing for Alford, in that being at AAA he'll continue to get regular ABs and come up when he's deemed ready? Or does it signify a lack of confidence in him? Should he get a bump up or down in terms of fantasy relevance as a result of this? I forget how much of the prospect shine he still may have...
              He had a really good spring. My take - I think it's a reflection that they want to see a bit more regular performance at a high level before promoting him. If he keeps it up he'll be back.

Comment

• Rowdy Tellez hits a PH 3-run shot to tie the game, flexes for the camera in the dugout, then Teoscar Hernandez empties a bag of sunflower seeds by hitting him over the head with them. Is this a thing?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Kevin Pillar dealt and Grichuk immediately signs a 5 year deal for $52 Mil.

Grichuk for $52 Mil seems pricey. I guess they're hedging against a 2019 breakout, and I paid big for Grichuk in 2 leagues, but that OBP is a drag. Other than Alford, not too many OF of note in the system, but no reason to clog it up over Grichuk. I recognize a small chance he breaks out, but I would have preferred to take him through arb next year.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                    Kevin Pillar dealt and Grichuk immediately signs a 5 year deal for $52 Mil.

Grichuk for $52 Mil seems pricey. I guess they're hedging against a 2019 breakout, and I paid big for Grichuk in 2 leagues, but that OBP is a drag. Other than Alford, not too many OF of note in the system, but no reason to clog it up over Grichuk. I recognize a small chance he breaks out, but I would have preferred to take him through arb next year.
                    Yeah, I'm surprised by this deal. I've long been intrigued by Grichuk's potential. He is insanely streaky. He was so, so horrid.to start last year, but then was so good when he finally got hot.

Anyone here who actually played or understands the athlete mentality more than me care to explain this? Aside from natural ebb and flow with I juries and illness, how can a guy go 1-2 months being the worst hitter in the league and then go a 1-2 months just smoking the ball?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      Anyone here who actually played or understands the athlete mentality more than me care to explain this? Aside from natural ebb and flow with I juries and illness, how can a guy go 1-2 months being the worst hitter in the league and then go a 1-2 months just smoking the ball?
                      I think it shows what a fine line there is between being a really good player (I consider AAA players really good), and truly elite. As a hitter a key thing is being able to pick up the spin on a pitch out of the pitcher's hand - different pitchers hide this better than others, and as a hitter it's something that you can really zone in on, or not. I can understand some hitters getting into a funk where you're not seeing it well for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        Timing and muscle memory play a large role. Just like it's important for a pitcher's mechanics to be repeatable, a hitter has a motion that he's repeating with each swing. And with 95+ mph balls with spin, the timing of when to trigger that swing is critical, a few ms off in either direction and the results are changed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                          Timing and muscle memory play a large role. Just like it's important for a pitcher's mechanics to be repeatable, a hitter has a motion that he's repeating with each swing. And with 95+ mph balls with spin, the timing of when to trigger that swing is critical, a few ms off in either direction and the results are changed.
                          I guess I understand a prolonged slump more than a long hot streak. When I see a guy like Grichuk utterly lost and overmatched for weeks at a time, it amazes me when he then has a 1.000 + ops for weeks at a time.

Comment

I think it shows what a fine line there is between being a really good player (I consider AAA players really good), and truly elite. As a hitter a key thing is being able to pick up the spin on a pitch out of the pitcher's hand - different pitchers hide this better than others, and as a hitter it's something that you can really zone in on, or not. I can understand some hitters getting into a funk where you're not seeing it well for a while.
                            It is indeed a fine line. Most hitters just fail and succeed in shorter patterns, where's some guys like Grichuk seem to he locked in or completely lost for long stretches. It is cool he is starting hot unlike last year, but be warned , owners, winter is coming.

Comment

It is indeed a fine line. Most hitters just fail and succeed in shorter patterns, where's some guys like Grichuk seem to he locked in or completely lost for long stretches. It is cool he is starting hot unlike last year, but be warned , owners, winter is coming.

In 25 games last March/April he has a .435 OPS.

Comment

In 25 games last March/April he has a .435 OPS. The cold streaky were never that bad after that start, but he alternating months between being a total stud and a relative dud.

Comment

Working...
                                X