2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post

I can get Manoah for free at this point, but he is on a long term contract ($20 for four years, three more after this one). Would it be too big of a gamble to take him on? We have a lot of inflation and 15 keeper spots, which is what led to his risky, long extension. I know many here are against extending pitchers at all, but if Manoah gets back to his old self, it is a good price/contract for my league set up.
    I'm being offered Manoah again. This time I get William Contreras in the deal. The long term contract for Manoah is scary, but it is tempting. He has to figure it out at some point, right? Maybe not this year but next?

Comment

• I knew that Vlad Guerrero was having an off year but I didnt realize how much so. FG has him at 0.9 WAR!!! Baseball Ref has him a little higher at 1.9 but that is still bad for someone who is supposed to be a young superstar. That's barely deserving of a spot in the everyday lineup. His defense at 1B also measures as bad, which would partly account for why his WAR is so low. Roto-wise, his numbers look better: 24 HR, 92 RBI, 73 R, 5 SB, 265/.345/.438 and those are very solid but not spectacular at all.

Comment

• Joey "Tangle Foot" Votto is day-to-day after he rolled his ankle on a bat in the dugout during his Spring Training debut. The Jays are now accepting applications for a new bat boy.

The 40-year-old Votto hit a solo home run against Zack Wheeler in his first at-bat with Toronto.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
        X