2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
    We need another SP, but I'm not sure if I would target Ray, depending how high the bidding goes. I prefer short term deals for older SP, mainly Scherzer and Verlander, rather than having 2 very expensive SP locked up for 7 years apiece. I certainly wouldn't complain if we got Ray back, just worried about the money part.

I'm curious to see what they do on the trade front this winter. Alejandro Kirk and Lourdes Gurriel look most expendable, and some combination with prospects.... I still hope that we could land José Ramirez from the Guardians. But I think they hold onto him for the 1st half, sell some new jerseys.
    I agree with you re: the trade front, interesting to see how that plays out; if we lose out on Ray I wonder if that pkg might be enough to pry Luis Castillo from Cin
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      I agree with you re: the trade front, interesting to see how that plays out; if we lose out on Ray I wonder if that pkg might be enough to pry Luis Castillo from Cin
      I am pretty sure that Miami is trying to get Either Kirk or preferably Moreno for one of their pitchers...Elieser Hernandez or Pablo Lopez. Likely a larger package but they would be the principals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
        I am pretty sure that Miami is trying to get Either Kirk or preferably Moreno for one of their pitchers...Elieser Hernandez or Pablo Lopez. Likely a larger package but they would be the principals.
        pretty sure that Moreno is untouchable, but I sure hope there are discussions going on re: what would have to be added to a Kirk package for Elieser (I don't think we could come up with a Lopez pkg without including Moreno, but I just don't see that happening)
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The Blue Jays have fired manager Charlie Montoyo.

Comment

• Originally posted by pitbull View Post
            The Blue Jays have fired manager Charlie Montoyo.
            Playing with an edge > Playing the bongos

The Jays need someone with a bit more killer instinct at the helm.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I figured I'd be sympathetic to the Boston fans and post this here instead in the RedSox thread. A modern Boston Massacre is happening tonite, as Toronto is leading 25-3 in the 5th inning. Every starter for the Jays has at least 2 hits, as well as scoring at least 2 runs and everyone but Kirk has at least 1 RBI. Only 14 teams have scored more than 25 runs in MLB history and the record is 30 runs. This is a road game for the Jays so they will bat 4 more times to have a chance of making history.

Edit 1: 27-3 now on Jansen's 2nd HR of the game w the Jays still batting in the 6th w no outs. A MLB team has scored over 27 runs only 5 times.

Comment

• 27-3 now

Comment

• Inside the park "grand slam" on an embarrassing error by the Sox. Unless the Red Sox get their asses in gear, they will now have a negative run differential for the season after this game.
                    More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• Final score: 28-3. Only 4 MLB games in which a team score more runs. All the starters had at least 3 hits, except for Vlad, who was taken out in the 6th after going 2-4 w 2 R and 2 RBI, and Espinal, who went 2-6 w 4 R and an RBI. Every starter scored at least 2 R and 3 different players scored 4 R. If I know Boston fans, they're probably ready to tar and feather someone rt now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                        Inside the park "grand slam" on an embarrassing error by the Sox. Unless the Red Sox get their asses in gear, they will now have a negative run differential for the season after this game.
                        I had the joy of watching mariner catcher Dan Wilson hit an inside the park grand slam at the Kingdome. It was awesome
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                        ---------------------------------------------
                        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by Bene Futuis View Post
                          Inside the park "grand slam" on an embarrassing error by the Sox. Unless the Red Sox get their asses in gear, they will now have a negative run differential for the season after this game.
                          The Blue Jays' run differential for this season before tonight (93 games): +24

The Blue Jays' run differential tonight: +23
                          More American children die by gunfire in a year than on-duty police officers and active duty military.

Comment

• I checked the score at 3-0, and turned it on at 10-0. I was curious how they did all that damage so early, and when I read of Tapia's ITPGS I watched the clip on fb and also watched the next hour of play. What a wild night.

When Chapman hit a pop fly to the infield, I was watching for the catcher to throw his mask (so he doesn't trip on it). When he didn't, I knew there was a problem.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Ummmm......

Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Alek Manoah made his first official minor-league start on Tuesday since being optioned to the minors in early June. From a results-level perspective, it did not go well.

Indeed, Manoah was scorched by the New York Yankees' Florida Complex League team. He completed 2 2/3 innings, over which he yielded 11 runs on 10 hits (two home runs) and two walks. He did strike out three batters.
                              https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...ince-demotion/

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Ummmm......

Toronto Blue Jays right-hander Alek Manoah made his first official minor-league start on Tuesday since being optioned to the minors in early June. From a results-level perspective, it did not go well.

Indeed, Manoah was scorched by the New York Yankees' Florida Complex League team. He completed 2 2/3 innings, over which he yielded 11 runs on 10 hits (two home runs) and two walks. He did strike out three batters.
                                https://www.cbssports.com/mlb/news/b...ince-demotion/
                                I can get Manoah for free at this point, but he is on a long term contract ($20 for four years, three more after this one). Would it be too big of a gamble to take him on? We have a lot of inflation and 15 keeper spots, which is what led to his risky, long extension. I know many here are against extending pitchers at all, but if Manoah gets back to his old self, it is a good price/contract for my league set up.

Comment

Working...
                                X