No announcement yet.

2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and today, first place in the AL east after a sweep at Fenway. 88 wins could do it in this division.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      and today, first place in the AL east after a sweep at Fenway. 88 wins could do it in this division.
      I'll take the over on 88

Comment

It'll be interesting to see if the Jays decide to go after a front line SP before the trade deadline
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          It'll be interesting to see if the Jays decide to go after a front line SP before the trade deadline
          If it is smarzja in the east, no thank you.

Comment

I was thinking about this recently ... with the second wildcard there may not be many front line SPs available
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

The AL East just isn't that good from top to bottom anymore...the Rays flat out can't hit, NY is old and creaky, Boston is a collection of "good clubhouse guys" who just aren't hitting this year, and Baltimore can't pitch. Toronto could win this thing, hitting like they are, but they better get a stud pitcher, and the guy from the Cubs with the unspellable name is as good as will be available. He's not going to come cheap though...
              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
              -Warren Ellis

Comment

I was thinking about this recently ... with the second wildcard there may not be many front line SPs available
                True, though I think the Cubs, Phillies, Rays and Arizona all look hopelessly lost.
                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

True, though I think the Cubs, Phillies, Rays and Arizona all look hopelessly lost.
                  I wouldn't count out the Rays, but the rest seem in trouble. However, outside of the guy whose name I won't try to spell, where are the ace pitchers? Philly has a couple, but they aren't going to move Hamels and Lee has an ouchie that may be serious. Arizona wishes they had something approaching decent in a starting pitcher and the Cubs just have the one.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                    I wouldn't count out the Rays, but the rest seem in trouble. However, outside of the guy whose name I won't try to spell, where are the ace pitchers? Philly has a couple, but they aren't going to move Hamels and Lee has an ouchie that may be serious. Arizona wishes they had something approaching decent in a starting pitcher and the Cubs just have the one.
                    Exactly. I'm not seeing guys who I'm willing to sell the farm for. Price might become available but he won't be going to another AL East team.

Comment

Geez, you guys act like spelling Samardzija is so tough. Maybe it's good for you that (ex-Jay) Marc Rzepczynski (aka "Scrabble" or "Eye Chart") has never become a star.

"Shark" is an interesting case. He's going to be a high-priced near-ace on a team that doesn't really need one right now because they stink. Theo can probably get more for him now, with a year and a half to go before free agency, than he can this off-season or during 2015. They're nowhere close to being able to hack out a contract extension, and Samardzija doesn't seem interested in one now. The question is how much Theo can get for him. IMO the Jays should make the big move here, as it's a very rare year in which no one, not even the invincible Yankees or unbeatable Red Sox, seems capable of seizing their division without making a major move. So you give up two of your best pitching prospects, for example (Sanchez and Stroman); take it from a Pirates fan, after years of losing, if it works, no one will begrudge you future losing. You have to break the culture of losing.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

with today's win the Jays are now on a 19-4 run. That includes sweeps of the Red Sox at Fenway, Oakland & Tampa at home, and now Detroit in Comerica. good times.

Comment

with today's win the Jays are now on a 19-4 run. That includes sweeps of the Red Sox at Fenway, Oakland & Tampa at home, and now Detroit in Comerica. good times.
                          Ok, Blue Jays, lets play ball!!!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Brett Lawrie is on pace for 25/90 but not a steal so far. He turned 24 in January. This is his 3rd full season. My mind says the power improvement is for real (assuming he stays off the dl).

Is this pace sustainable or is it a case of every blue jay killing it at the moment?

Comment

Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                              Brett Lawrie is on pace for 25/90 but not a steal so far. He turned 24 in January. This is his 3rd full season. My mind says the power improvement is for real (assuming he stays off the dl).

Is this pace sustainable or is it a case of every blue jay killing it at the moment?
                              He was on the same pace in 2011. In 2012 he struggled with maturity/aggression issues. Last year he was banged up. He's my favourite Jay and I think he keeps it up.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                              Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                              Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

20-25 HRs is reasonable. 90 rbi seems a bit high, esp. when he's batting 6th against rhp, but Seitzer is doing a great job keeping these guys patient, this weekend notwithstanding. I'll say he ends up 22-80.

Comment

Working...
                                X