2K24: Toronto Blue Jays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    Rowdy Tellez is expected to be placed on the IL after an MRI revealed a right knee strain.
    and he's done for the season
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• The Blue Jays purchased the contract of C Alejandro Kirk from their alternate training site. He's never played above A ball. But, he has more walks than strikeouts in his two minor league seasons. So, there's that.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The Blue Jays purchased the contract of C Alejandro Kirk from their alternate training site. He's never played above A ball. But, he has more walks than strikeouts in his two minor league seasons. So, there's that.
        He's been on the taxi squad for a week and is projected to be their starting catcher. Cup of covfefe!

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Blue Jays place OF Teoscar Hernandez on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain.
          Teoscar Hernandez hit off a tee and did some running on Saturday. Maybe he will play again this year after all.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Blue Jays place OF Teoscar Hernandez on the 10-day IL with a left oblique strain.
            And the Blue Jays activated OF Teoscar Hernandez on Wednesday (did not play) after he spent just the minimum 10-days on the IL.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

And the Blue Jays activated OF Teoscar Hernandez on Wednesday (did not play) after he spent just the minimum 10-days on the IL.
              Teo tonight 0-5 with 4 k's. I hope they didn't rush him back too quickly.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Teo tonight 0-5 with 4 k's. I hope they didn't rush him back too quickly.
                I guess he was just working off the rust since he went 3-6 with a solo home run tonight. Yeah, he's back!

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Ken Giles announced via Instagram that he will require Tommy John surgery on his right elbow. See you in 2022.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• There is talk of a new stadium in Toronto either on the same site as the Rogers Centre or another lakefront site. Construction would take 5-8 years. I'm not sure where they would play for 5-8 years if they use the current site.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• so what does the lineup look like now? something like ...

CF Springer
                      2B Biggio
                      DH/LF Brantley
                      SS Bichette
                      3B Guerrero
                      RF Hernandez
                      LF/DH Gurriel
                      1B Tellez
                      C Kirk/Jansen

Grichuk on the bench or getting traded
                      It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Mighty fine work this offseason. Grichuk outperformed LY so agree he "should" be the odd man out from that group but they do very much need SP so some trade is most likely I'd think.

Gurriel can play a lot of positions so Tellez should get a short leash as I'm still not sure he's a starter on a playoff contender. Could easily see Vlad sliding back to 1B at some point.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                          so what does the lineup look like now? something like ...
                          Let me try that again ... my guess (tho 4 thru 7 could be ordered based on simply whoever is hot ... )

CF Springer
                          DH Biggio
                          SS Bichette
                          3B Guerrero
                          RF Hernandez
                          2B Semien
                          LF Gurriel
                          1B Tellez
                          C Kirk/Jansen

Grichuk on the bench or getting traded

Comment

• you think they will turn Springer Biggio loose on the paths? Makes more sense to let all the boppers drive them in

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                              you think they will turn Springer Biggio loose on the paths? Makes more sense to let all the boppers drive them in
                              Springer, no; he is older. Biggio, who knows?

Comment

• Blue Jays GM Ross Atkins said Friday that OF Lourdes Gurriel will receive reps at first base and third base this spring.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X