2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
    The Yankees placed 3B Gio Urshela on the COVID-19 injured list due to side effects from vaccination. I hadn't thought of that possibility for players. He probably won't be the last player to suffer side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine.
    nor the first. Garrett Cooper missed a game this week for the same reason - felt crappy after the vaccine. He came back the next day though.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      The Yankees placed 3B Gio Urshela on the COVID-19 injured list due to side effects from vaccination. I hadn't thought of that possibility for players. He probably won't be the last player to suffer side effects from the COVID-19 vaccine.
      It's pretty common to be knocked on your a$$ for a day after the vaccine.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Kluber isn't going to cut it as a starter. I mean, Yanks dodged a bullet by not re-signing Paxton, but dropping $11M on Kluber isn't looking much better so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          Kluber isn't going to cut it as a starter. I mean, Yanks dodged a bullet by not re-signing Paxton, but dropping $11M on Kluber isn't looking much better so far.
          How can you say that...I mean that 2.37...oh, never mind. That's his WHIP.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            How can you say that...I mean that 2.37...oh, never mind. That's his WHIP.
            When I was watching earlier he had a WHIP > 2 and an ERA < 2. That's hard to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
              When I was watching earlier he had a WHIP > 2 and an ERA < 2. That's hard to do
              Just takes one well-times error. But he looks horrible, which is scarier.

Comment

• NO FOUL: ODOR CONFORMS TO YANKEES HAIR POLICY

https://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41107790-4
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Yankees option Domingo German to their alternate training site.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• this afternoon's postgame WFAN NYC-area sports radio talk show host today hammered German.

with every year that passes without at least an AL pennant (last one was 2009), the - let's be honest, kind of self-entitled - fanbase gets angrier and angrier.

Chapman got booed in a spring training game last month, which was amusing.

they have yet to warm to Stanton, they hate Sanchez, they want to still love Judge but patience is fading.
                    am always surprised at how many callers (yes, an odd lot on all sports talk shows) can't even stomach "old reliable" Gardner anymore, either.
                    Torres' defense also sparks wrath.

who's in the honeymoon period, then? Cole and LeMaheiu.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      this afternoon's postgame WFAN NYC-area sports radio talk show host today hammered German.

with every year that passes without at least an AL pennant (last one was 2009), the - let's be honest, kind of self-entitled - fanbase gets angrier and angrier.

Chapman got booed in a spring training game last month, which was amusing.

they have yet to warm to Stanton, they hate Sanchez, they want to still love Judge but patience is fading.
                      am always surprised at how many callers (yes, an odd lot on all sports talk shows) can't even stomach "old reliable" Gardner anymore, either.
                      Torres' defense also sparks wrath.

who's in the honeymoon period, then? Cole and LeMaheiu.
                      And Gardy and Monty are fine too.

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman so far this year: 3 ip & 9 k's.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Jay Bruce retired today.

Comment

• he's actually retiring after the game. I suspect if it's a blowout, he'll get a ceremonial PH appearance.

and if the Yankees are about to fall to 5-10, Bruce will be lustily booed by the modest Yankee Stadium crowd after he whiffs one more time.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                              Kluber isn't going to cut it as a starter. I mean, Yanks dodged a bullet by not re-signing Paxton, but dropping $11M on Kluber isn't looking much better so far.
                              He looks like he has turned a corner with his last two starts.

Comment

• Good gravy the Tigers are terrible. Interesting to see if the Yanks can hang with Houston at all this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X