No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Judge diagnosed with a stress fracture in his rib, which he apparently got in SEPTEMBER when he dove for a ball. Shut down for at least the next two weeks, and surgery may be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Aaron Judge diagnosed with a stress fracture in his rib, which he apparently got in SEPTEMBER when he dove for a ball. Shut down for at least the next two weeks, and surgery may be an option.
      Are the Yankees and Mets sharing team doctors now??
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Gary Sanchez sent home with a "virus." Twitter erupts.

Comment

Gary Sanchez sent home with a "virus." Twitter erupts.
          Gary Sanchez (back) has tested positive for the flu and will re-evaluated when he returns to camp Friday.
          Yes, the regular flu. Sanchez is also dealing with a back issue that's kept him out of action for a few days and he had been slated to return to game action Friday if all went well, but it doesn't sound like that will happen now. He still has time to be ready for Opening Day but can't afford any more bumps in the road.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
            Gary Sanchez (back) has tested positive for the flu and will re-evaluated when he returns to camp Friday.
            Yes, the regular flu. Sanchez is also dealing with a back issue that's kept him out of action for a few days and he had been slated to return to game action Friday if all went well, but it doesn't sound like that will happen now. He still has time to be ready for Opening Day but can't afford any more bumps in the road.
            Finally some good news. Ugh.

Comment

• Have to think that the Yankees benefit more than anyone from this 8 week (minimum) layoff. Stanton, Judge, and Paxton may all be ready to play by that time.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Finally some good news. Ugh.
                Now two Yankee minor leaguers have tested positive for COVID-19. I guess considering the amount of injuries the Yankees have had in the past year or so it's not surprising that the Yanks are the team to have this happen to.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Well, he's not with the team anymore, but CC Sabathia apparently has a weight room in his house.

One does have to wonder what his career would have been like had he done that, oh, about 15 years ago. But I'm glad he has his addiction problem under control and that he's focused on staying well now.

Comment

• I overcome my prejudice and buy some Yankees back in March, now this--

"Masahiro Tanaka took a Giancarlo Stanton liner off the head during a simulated game Saturday and was taken to the hospital.
                    Newsday's Erik Boland said Tanaka was motionless for several minutes before being helped up. He later walked to the dugout with assistance and was taken to New York-Presbyterian Hospital for further evaluation. The Yankees said he is currently alert, responsive and walking under his own power.

SOURCE: Jake Seiner on Twitter"
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

• just channel surfed to the local news, and the newscaster says, "Coming up...." and it shows Tanaka getting absolutely blindsided by this rocket.

cue to Dads telling 8-year-old Tommys not to be so upset....

#cmonman
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Tanaka was released from the hospital Saturday evening and will enter the concussion protocol.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Domingo German tweeted that he's "left baseball."

Comment

Domingo German tweeted that he's "left baseball."
                            Great...another diva. Hopefully, somebody gave him a snickers bar.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Domingo German tweeted that he's "left baseball."
                              Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Great...another diva. Hopefully, somebody gave him a snickers bar.
                              Domingo German has retracted his Instagram post from Friday night and says he looks forward to returning to the Yankees organization.
                              (Source: Lindsey Adler on Twitter)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Miguel Andujar sent to the alternate training site. Wow.

Comment

Working...
                                X