2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    In finance, especially in sales, everybody's a VP.
    I disagree ( I work in finance )

Comment

• Apparently he’s married to a person who was formerly a contestant on The Bachelor, according to the short ESPN article.

Comment

• Aroldis Chapman has gone AWOL.

Yankees manager Aaron Boone told reporters that Aroldis Chapman was scheduled to throw a batting practice session but skipped it and returned to his home in Miami.

Boone said that Chapman had a decent shot of making the ALDS roster but will miss the chance to pitch this postseason after missing the mandatory workout.

Chapman's contract expires after this season.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Supposedly, Aaron Judge's dog influenced his decision to stay with the Yankees. It makes for some good PR. Judge is going to make a killing on endorsement deals.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Out until "sometime in the second half."
            TAMPA, Fla. -- Right-hander Frankie Montas is continuing to experience discomfort in his pitching shoulder and will undergo surgery next Tuesday, Yankees manager Aaron Boone said on Wednesday. Montas could potentially return at some point in the second half of the season, according to Boone. Montas was already expected to

Comment

• Montas should be off all draft boards

Comment

• Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
                Montas should be off all draft boards

Comment

As Pauly will confirm, he was already off mine. Picking pitchers who already have a shoulder injury and have not come back 100% yet is a recipe for disaster IMO. It feels like no one ever comes back earlier than planned and the majority are much later than the stated timeline.

Comment

Unless you can draft him in the late rounds, stash him on IR and keep him cheap if he comes back healthy. He's on my radar in a couple keeper leagues.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Rodon to start the season on the IL with a forearm strain. Tommy Kahnle and Lou Trivino will as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Rodon to start the season on the IL with a forearm strain
                        The reports say there is no damage to the ucl, but it still isn't good. I imagine they take it real slow with him to make sure he is 100% before he comes back. I'd be surprised if he pitches before May.

Comment

• This Yankee staff is a mess. Rodon & Montes out with injuries, and the pen will be without Effross, Warren, Kahnle and Trivino to start the season. This means untried Clarke Schmidt is the SP5 and the pen is unusually thin. The Yanks o/u has dropped to 94.5, 5 games under last year's win total.

Comment

• Does Clay Holmes' value go down with all of these injured Yankees starting pitchers?

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              Does Clay Holmes' value go down with all of these injured Yankees starting pitchers?
                              They're still going to win 90+ games, so if you think he keeps the job, then I doubt it.

Comment

• Does this make a $2 Clarke Schmidt worth keeping?
                                "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

Working...
                                X