No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Look at this depth chart from Rotoworld. I can't remember ever seeing so many players on the IL at once. Three infielders, three outfielders, three starters, two relievers.

C
    Gary Sanchez
    Austin Romine

1B
    Luke Voit
    Greg Bird

2B
    Gleyber Torres
    Tyler Wade
    Thairo Estrada

3B
    Miguel Andujar 10-Day IL
    DJ LeMahieu

SS
    Troy Tulowitzki 10-Day IL
    Didi Gregorius 10-Day IL

LF
    Brett Gardner
    Clint Frazier
    Mike Tauchman

CF
    Aaron Hicks 10-Day IL
    Jacoby Ellsbury 10-Day IL

RF
    Aaron Judge

DH
    Giancarlo Stanton 10-Day IL

SP
    Luis Severino 10-Day IL
    James Paxton
    Masahiro Tanaka
    J.A. Happ
    CC Sabathia 10-Day IL
    Domingo German
    Jordan Montgomery 60-Day IL

CL
    Aroldis Chapman

SU
    Dellin Betances 10-Day IL
    Zack Britton

RP
    Adam Ottavino
    Chad Green
    Jonathan Holder
    Luis Cessa
    Stephen Tarpley
    Tommy Kahnle
    Ben Heller 10-Day IL

Comment

• And now it's looking like Severino's injury may be worse than previously understood. Going for another MRI. Maybe this catalyzes them to go get Keuchel.

Comment

• On the other hand, Clint Frazier is re-establishing his blue chip trade value, if that's the route they need to take once the injuries heal, assuming they do.
        Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
          And now it's looking like Severino's injury may be worse than previously understood. Going for another MRI. Maybe this catalyzes them to go get Keuchel.
          Ruh-roh. I stashed Keuchel, but this does not look promising for my 3rd round pick.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• Severino shut down a minimum of another 6 weeks with a Grade II lat strain, putting him out until June at the earliest. And this injury is unrelated to his shoulder injury.

Comment

• And their vaunted bullpen looks like crap. Granted, the Astros make a lot of teams look bad. Not the Rays, but lots of teams. Wonder if it's too late to bet on the Rays to win the division?

Comment

• And out goes Sanchez.

Comment

• Round 1: Lindor
                  Round 2: Stanton
                  Round 3: Severino
                  Round 4: Gary Sanchez
                  Round 5: Andujar

There's probably a fantasy team out there with that roster, right?

Comment

• Dellin Betances out another 2 months.

Comment

• Now Greg Bird on the DL. If it weren't for bad luck the Yanks would have no luck at all.

Yankees placed 1B Greg Bird on the 10-day injured list, retroactive to April 14, with a left plantar fascia tear.
                      Yet another injury for the Yankees to deal with and yet another injury for Bird, who continues to have terrible luck in that area. It's unclear how long he might be sidelined. The 26-year-old was off to a slow start to begin the year (.550 OPS in 10 games) and now the path is clear for Luke Voit at first base. The Yankees have called up Mike Ford to take Bird's spot on the active roster.
                      I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        Now Greg Bird on the DL. If it weren't for bad luck the Yanks would have no luck at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          Is that supposed to upset me?
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• I mean, we shouldn't be shocked that Greg Bird is hurt. But the Yankees are getting to the point where they need to trade for someone just to get another qualified body in the lineup. Maybe call up the Marlins and see if they're willing to part with Curtis Granderson and his veteran leadership. Or maybe the D-Backs and Adam Jones.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Is that supposed to upset me?
                              Nope. Just when a team has 27 world titles, feeling bad for them is like feeling bad for the IRS.

Comment

• The Yankees general manager all but closed the door on signing free agent star Bryce Harper, but Cashman noted Wednesday his club can change course at any time before dropping a “Star Wars” reference on the media present.

“We’re prepared to pivot and react at any given moment if things change,” Cashman said, per Erik Boland of Newsday. “If something doesn’t make sense today, that doesn’t mean it won’t make sense tomorrow. You know what my focuses are, but at the same time, we’re a fully operational Death Star”
                                Looks like someone is targeting the exhaust ports pretty successfully...
                                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X