2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Davros View Post
    I guess this makes Tulo a spare part or Andujar is going to sit frequently. Machado may be out of the Yankees plans now as well.
    I'd assume Machado informed them he's going to either the White Sox or Phillies. I read that they plan on using LeMahieu as a super-utility of sorts.

Comment

• Tulo and DJ... reunited and it feels so good!

Comment

• The austerity the Yankees are utilizing is very entertaining. I mean, they got the public to fund over half of their new hawrible stadium, and now they're being cheap and pocketing profits. lulz

Comment

• Rockies splits sometimes are overrated

and sometimes....
          DJ career .330 AVG at home, .264 on road.

.387/.438/.885 for tOPS+ of 121, vs .311/.362/.673 for tOPS+ of 78
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            Rockies splits sometimes are overrated

and sometimes....

Yea, really glad the Cubs didn't sign him.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Rockies splits sometimes are overrated

and sometimes....

A lot of Rockies hitters do worse than they should on the road, because the adjustment is rough. When they go to another team, they usually outperform their Rockies road stats. Hoping DJ falls into this group.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                A lot of Rockies hitters do worse than they should on the road, because the adjustment is rough. When they go to another team, they usually outperform their Rockies road stats. Hoping DJ falls into this group.
                Yes, agreed. I spent a fair amount of time looking into this back in the day when we acquired Dexter Fowler. People had the same concern about him, and it turned out not to be that big of a deal. My take on it is that the ball moves differently in thin air of Colorado, and it's just tough for players to adjust back and forth from that from one homestand/road trip to another.
                "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• the last study I saw showed NO improvement by Rockies hitters when they move to another team.

it sounds good, on paper. and if wishing could make it so......

and sample size of one (if that) is a little light
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

the last study I saw showed NO improvement by Rockies hitters when they move to another team.

it sounds good, on paper. and if wishing could make it so......

and sample size of one (if that) is a little light
                    Do you, by chance, know how one can find that study? I'm all for evidence trumping anecdotes, but without reference to verify the credibility of the study, and to validate your memory, I'll take the word of the professional devoted to such things. Of course, it is also possible you are both right, by your phrasing, which is vague. It is possible your study was referring to overall numbers, and it seems perfectly obvious to me that a Coors hitter's overall numbers won't improve once going to another team. However, since that is so obvious, I assume the study you refer to is about what joncarlos actually referred to and Mike verified--the so-called "Coors Field Hangover Effect," which is about how playing in Coors makes away stats worse than they should be, and thus away numbers for Coors hitters are not a good baseline for future overall projections once they switch teams.

FWIW, and that isn't much, every article I remember reading on the subject suggests that even if there is no hard proof of it yet, the circumstantial evidence for ""the Coors Field Hangover Effect" is compelling. It also seems perfectly reasonable and logical that hitting in the most unusual and extreme place in baseball would make it harder to adjust when then going on the road. It doesn't help that they end up going to the most extreme pitchers parks while playing in division. All of that would make it very surprising to me if Coors hitters road numbers don't improve at all once they switch teams. And again, that is what the previous two fellows were talking about.
                    Last edited by Sour Masher; 01-13-2019, 02:13 AM.

Comment

• "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Looking at past World Series winners and i just realized that the Yankees haven't been there in awhile (for them). They have played in at least one WS in every decade since the purchase of Babe Ruth. This season is their last chance to avoid being shut out in a decade for the first time in 100 years.

Yankees WS record by decade:
                        1903-1909 (none)
                        1910-1919 (none)
                        1920-1929 (3-3)
                        1930-1939 (5-0)
                        1940-1949 (4-1)
                        1950-1959 (6-2)
                        1960-1969 (2-3)
                        1970-1979 (2-1)
                        1980-1989 (0-1)
                        1990-1999 (3-0)
                        2000-2009 (2-2)
                        2010-2019 (none?)
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                          Looking at past World Series winners and i just realized that the Yankees haven't been there in awhile (for them). They have played in at least one WS in every decade since the purchase of Babe Ruth. This season is their last chance to avoid being shut out in a decade for the first time in 100 years.

Yankees WS record by decade:
                          1903-1909 (none)
                          1910-1919 (none)
                          1920-1929 (3-3)
                          1930-1939 (5-0)
                          1940-1949 (4-1)
                          1950-1959 (6-2)
                          1960-1969 (2-3)
                          1970-1979 (2-1)
                          1980-1989 (0-1)
                          1990-1999 (3-0)
                          2000-2009 (2-2)
                          2010-2019 (none?)
                          For Pete's Sake, my daughter is NINE and the Yankees haven't won the World Series in her lifetime.

Comment

For Pete's Sake, my daughter is NINE and the Yankees haven't won the World Series in her lifetime.
                            Clearly it's your fault for procreating.
                            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

They have been replaced by the Red Sox.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
                              X