2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
    If they can get Severino and Betances back, I think they could still win it all. Starters would only have to go four innings. Maybe use an opener, then 3 or 4 for the "primary pitcher", then the rest of the pen.
    I admire your optimism.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
      Is it time to drop Paxton in a shallow mixer? I'm in a fight for the last playoff spot and my ratios have been brutal for weeks. Paxton is the main culprit.
      Hopefully you held on to him. He's been great since you reverse-jinxed him with this post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        Is that big baby Stanton going to play again this season?
        Transferred to the 60-Day DL, making him ineligible to return until at least August 26th, although being that's just two weeks from now, that seems rather impossible. So I'd safely say no, he's not going to play again this regular season.

In a world where the baseball is flying out of the park in droves and HR hitters are dime-a-dozen, the Yanks still owe this injury-prone, 30 HR-type slugger almost $250m until 2028. This one's not gonna age well.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Transferred to the 60-Day DL, making him ineligible to return until at least August 26th, although being that's just two weeks from now, that seems rather impossible. So I'd safely say no, he's not going to play again this regular season.

In a world where the baseball is flying out of the park in droves and HR hitters are dime-a-dozen, the Yanks still owe this injury-prone, 30 HR-type slugger almost $250m until 2028. This one's not gonna age well.
          Have to agree there. As a Mets fan, I’ve taken a lot of grief about Cano from a friend who’s a Yankees fan. Cano and his 10 HR look pretty great compared to Stanton and his 1 HR, to say nothing about the dollars and years remaining.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

Watch him stay healthy all next season and break the record for homers hit in a single year...

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
              Watch him stay healthy all next season and break the record for homers hit in a single year...

Ooh I’ll take that bet any day.

Comment

You should make him a keeper at $63. He owes you.
                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                  You should make him a keeper at $63. He owes you.
                  Sorry sunshine, the only place I own him is in the RJEL at 46 bucks, and he's an expired contract.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Sorry sunshine, the only place I own him is in the RJEL at 46 bucks, and he's an expired contract.
                    Ah, then I guess keep the bag of balls you got for him in MSGL.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Ah, then I guess keep the bag of balls you got for him in MSGL.
                      Sure, I'll keep the potential .300+ hitter with 30+ steal potential...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        I'm about ready to drop Tanaka. He is crashing and burning.
                        Looks like Tanaka finally remembered how to pitch. Of course he's on my bench for the gem. At least i didn't drop him. I'm still not starting him vs the Red Sox.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tanaka has been great this year against the Red Sox - as long as you have ton of RS batters in your lineup.

Comment

Sure, I'll keep the potential .300+ hitter with 30+ steal potential...
                            Searching brain... Austin Meadows? Damn, good on you for getting a good return on Stanton before he turned into a pumpkin.

Comment

He was healthy all last season with the Yanks and had a nice 38 HR, 100 RBI season. If they get that every year out of him, I'm sure they'll consider the contract a success, even if it was an atrocious overpayment. The reality is that it was an anti-Moneyball deal -- they overpaid wildly for a player who provides a commodity that's now in abundance.

Comment

Searching brain... Austin Meadows? Damn, good on you for getting a good return on Stanton before he turned into a pumpkin.
                                Naw, I wish...Nick Madrigal. No power, but this viewed as a .300 hitter with speed in the future. AL only, I'm pretty happy with the deal. Just got promoted to AAA ball after hitting .341 in double A with a .400 OBP. 14 steals in AA with 34 on the season...I'll take that for one homer.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Working...
                                X