2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    Andujar homered last night in his rehab appearance. I bet he's up soon.
    Expected to be activated tomorrow.

Comment

• Yankees placed LHP James Paxton on 10-day injured list with left knee inflammation.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• The hits keep on coming:

- Miguel Andujar back to the IL, and shoulder surgery is now a very real possibility
        - Jonathan Loaisiga shut down for at least a month with a right shoulder strain

Comment

• Hold Crap! Can this be true? Man of Glass being glued back together?

Faces live pitching
          May 13, 2019
          Stanton (shoulder) took live at-bats at extended spring training Monday, Bryan Hoch of MLB.com reports.
          ANALYSIS
          This marks a step in the right direction for Stanton, who had been limited to soft toss and tee work prior to his live BP session. The slugger also did some defensive work, though it remains to be seen when he'll return to game action. A timetable for Stanton's return will hopefully come into focus once he's cleared to begin a rehab stint.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
            CC gets to 3,000 Ks. Incredible accomplishment. Congrats and see you in the HOF.
            Incredible career but not a hall of famer in my book.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
              Incredible career but not a hall of famer in my book.
              Me neither, but he hung around long enough to compile numbers good enough, probably. The HOF seems to have become more lax in its credentials lately, so by the new measure where the likes of Harold Baines gets in, CC is a HOFer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                Me neither, but he hung around long enough to compile numbers good enough, probably. The HOF seems to have become more lax in its credentials lately, so by the new measure where the likes of Harold Baines gets in, CC is a HOFer.
                It's the Jack Morris one that really paves the way for CC, but I'm not a fan of the "this guy got in so this guy should get in" logic. Hopefully the Hall can start holding themselves to a higher standard rather than continuing to lower the bar. CC does have a lot going for him but can we really say he was a meaningfully better pitcher than Kevin Brown, Luis Tiant or even Tim Hudson?

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                  It's the Jack Morris one that really paves the way for CC, but I'm not a fan of the "this guy got in so this guy should get in" logic. Hopefully the Hall can start holding themselves to a higher standard rather than continuing to lower the bar. CC does have a lot going for him but can we really say he was a meaningfully better pitcher than Kevin Brown, Luis Tiant or even Tim Hudson?
                  Hudson is a good comp.

Comment

• Miguel Andujar having surgery on his torn right labrum. His season is over.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                      Miguel Andujar having surgery on his torn right labrum. His season is over.
                      Ugh. Thank goodness for Gio Urshela.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        I remember arguing with people that thought CC would be the next pitcher to get 300 wins
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                          I remember arguing with people that thought CC would be the next pitcher to get 300 wins
                          Only 52 to go...

Comment

• Masahiro Tanaka hit in the shin with a Yandy Diaz line drive. X-rays were negative and it's being called a contusion for now. But, MLB bruises can be the the worst kind of bruises known to mankind. See Khris Davis.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Gleyber Torres has hit 8 of his 10 HRs vs. Baltimore.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Gleyber Torres has hit 8 of his 10 HRs vs. Baltimore.
                                Baltimore pitching is the gift that keeps on giving!

Comment

Working...
                                X