X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    Is that what the metrics said?
    Yes. Exactly. 14/132 * 600 = 63.6363636

No reason to expect less than 60 HR from him this year.

Voit sucks.

Comment

30 HR's is mediocre this year. Have you seen the hitters approaching that number? And 5 HR in 2 months seems to indicate something is up, wouldn't you think so?
      Well, he was thought to be mediocre. That's why the Cardinals gave him away.

If he was hitting .125 over that span with 5 HRs, yes, something would be up. But he was hitting at a high clip, so no. Just the 'Law of Large Numbers.' You're in a library, you should read up on it sometime, lol.

Comment

• 07.31... Yankees placed 1B Luke Voit on the 10-day injured list with a sports hernia.
        Spin: Voit suffered the injury at some point during Tuesday night's game against the Diamondbacks and is likely to be sidelined for multiple weeks. It's a substantial loss for the Yankees, as the 28-year-old first baseman has put up a .278/.392/.493 batting line with 19 home runs and 54 RBI over 94 games this season. Edwin Encarnacion is playing first base on Wednesday versus the Diamondbacks.

(Last 31 days was .268 BA and .196 xBA so something was going on)

also Voit is T-27th in HR in AL in 2019
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Well, he was thought to be mediocre. That's why the Cardinals gave him away.

If he was hitting .125 over that span with 5 HRs, yes, something would be up. But he was hitting at a high clip, so no. Just the 'Law of Large Numbers.' You're in a library, you should read up on it sometime, lol.
          Who has time to read when i am busy bitching about subpar performers?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Who has time to read when i am busy bitching about subpar performers?
            Great point!

Comment

• Is that big baby Stanton going to play again this season?
              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Edwin Encarnacion broken wrist. This late in the season, who knows if we'll see him again this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Edwin Encarnacion broken wrist. This late in the season, who knows if we'll see him again this year.
                  I guess 6+ weeks would basically end his season. I traded him in my AL league a couple weeks ago but still own him in a shallow mixed. I have Kluber/Pineda on the DL so in theory I could stash Edwin but not sure there's much of a point if I can get an upgrade. The owner of Pham/KDavis is selling.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                  Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                  Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I'm about ready to drop Tanaka. He is crashing and burning.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• 24 ER in 18.6 IP is a little disquieting.

I still think he might be ok overall - but this is your "ace?"

that's the scary part
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        24 ER in 18.6 IP is a little disquieting.

I still think he might be ok overall - but this is your "ace?"

that's the scary part
                        Thankfully, not my ace. I traded for Cole and Ray at the deadline.
                        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Now it looks like they may lose Gleyber for a while. It is shocking how this team keeps chugging along despite an immense number of injuries to key players and pedestrian, inconsistent starting pitching.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                            Now it looks like they may lose Gleyber for a while. It is shocking how this team keeps chugging along despite an immense number of injuries to key players and pedestrian, inconsistent starting pitching.
                            yes, very impressive. With their starting pitching they might make it out of the 1st round, but I do not see how they could make it to the WS.

Comment

• The Yankees "were" my pick to win it all before all of the injuries. Now, The Astros look like the team to beat after adding Greinke and Sanchez to an already formidable rotation and adding Alvarez to an already stacked lineup.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                                yes, very impressive. With their starting pitching they might make it out of the 1st round, but I do not see how they could make it to the WS.
                                If they can get Severino and Betances back, I think they could still win it all. Starters would only have to go four innings. Maybe use an opener, then 3 or 4 for the "primary pitcher", then the rest of the pen.

Comment

Working...
                                X