2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
    What's he going to do hit me? Oh wait, his wittle arm has been hurt.

Chase me down? Oh wait, his wittle knee is broke.

My chances look pretty good on getting away with saying it to his face!

Bet you wouldn't say it to his face.

Comment

• Stanton not expected back until August.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        Stanton not expected back until August.
        Does this mean Clint Frazier will be back up?
        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
        1B-Cron
        2B- Villar
        SS- Andrus
        3B-Baez
        MI-L. Gurriel
        CI- Y.Gurriel
        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
        UTIL- Benintendi
        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
        IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
          the yanks added EE so the dh spot is not vacant

Comment

• Anybody read anything positive on Severino lately? His projected return date is coming up....

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
              The only way that would happen is if they decide to make Gardner the 4th outfielder and give everyday starts to Frazier. They probably figure it's better to have him play everyday in the minors but if he gets really hot they could decide to bring him up.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Yankees & Red Sox playing the first games ever in London today (FOX) and tomorrow (ESPN).
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yankees & Red Sox playing the first games ever in London today (FOX) and tomorrow (ESPN).
                  My friend, an avid Yankee fanatic (he's gone to Yankee Fantasy Camp for 10 straight years), flew out to London for the games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                    Anybody read anything positive on Severino lately? His projected return date is coming up....
                    Yankees' Luis Severino: Suffers setback
                    by RotoWire Staff

(3 hrs ago) Severino (lat) suffered a setback and won't return until mid-August at the earliest, Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News reports.
                    He is dealing with soreness again in his lat and will be shut down for about a week, Brendan Kuty of The Newark Star-Ledger reports. An MRI showed that the lat is 90 percent healed, and he will not throw until it is 100 percent healed.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yankees' Luis Severino: Suffers setback
                      by RotoWire Staff

(3 hrs ago) Severino (lat) suffered a setback and won't return until mid-August at the earliest, Kristie Ackert of the New York Daily News reports.
                      He is dealing with soreness again in his lat and will be shut down for about a week, Brendan Kuty of The Newark Star-Ledger reports. An MRI showed that the lat is 90 percent healed, and he will not throw until it is 100 percent healed.
                      Anyone who though that he's pitch this season was on a fools errand. There's a lot more going on there than they ever let anyone know.

And I had to laugh at the Stanton defenders on Twitter who were bemoaning the "huge" loss to people's fantasy teams...can't be a "huge" loss if it was never there in the 1st place. I'm still stuck with him in one league, and in another, I was able to trade him for Madrigal...at the time I thought I was getting about 60 cents on the dollar, now I feel like a thief.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Yankees 6, Red Sox 6 in London - in the first inning!
                        Tanaka and Porcello don't survive the inning, either
                        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• My first thought was to bench Tanaka for this game, but i eventually decided to leave him in. Bad choice.
                          Last edited by madducks; 07-26-2019, 08:53 AM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I benched Hicks today. Oops

Comment

My first thought was to bench Tanaka for this game, but i eventually decided to leave him in. Bad choice.
                              Ooops i did it again.

Tanaka's 12 earned runs given up yesterday are the most by a Yankee's pitcher since 1939. That makes 18 ER in 4 IP for Tanaka against the Red Sox this year.

Add Aaron Boone to my hated managers list for hanging Tanaka out to dry when the Yankees have a $50 million bullpen at their disposal.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Add Aaron Boone to my hated managers list for hanging Tanaka out to dry when the Yankees have a $50 million bullpen at their disposal.
                                The bullpen needed a break after the Minnesota series, which was almost all high-scoring but close games.

Comment

Working...
                                X