2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
    Baltimore pitching is the gift that keeps on giving!
    Yessir. And Gary Sanchez has hit 7 of his 13 HRs this season vs. BAL.

Comment

• Dang, the Yankees are terrible when they don't play BALT

Comment

• I was at the Jays-Yanks game last night & have to make an observation ... while Luke Voit is a very big and very intimidating man when he steps to the plate, he's about as graceful at first as a telephone pole. The Yanks had three errors in the infield yesterday between Urshela & Torres ... & while two were errors on the throws (and should have been), a mobile / half-decent 1B-man could have - should have? - made those scoops or gotten off the bag to corral those. How valuable is a strong defensive 1B-man vs the HRs? I dunno ... but it got me wondering.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• just heard the Yankees radio announcers the other day raving about how improved Voit was defensively, he works so hard and now he is good.
          finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
          own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
          won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
          RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
          C Stallings 2, Casali 1
          1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
          OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            just heard the Yankees radio announcers the other day raving about how improved Voit was defensively, he works so hard and now he is good.
            I suppose it's all relative ...
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
              just heard the Yankees radio announcers the other day raving about how improved Voit was defensively, he works so hard and now he is good.
              I have seen him make some very solid plays. I bet he’s a perfectly average fielder at worst.

Comment

• I guess this could be worse. At least he didn't punch a wall.

Brett Gardner had to receive six stitches in his lip on Saturday after getting hit in the mouth by his own helmet.

The veteran outfielder was expressing his frustration during Saturday's game when he threw his helmet as he was walking down the dugout steps, but it ricocheted off the wall and came right back to smack Gardner in the face. He should be fine to play on Sunday.
                (Source: James Wagner on Twitter/Rotoworld)
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• That’s got to be a cover story, right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                    That’s got to be a cover story, right?
                    Nope, I was watching game.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Stanton...again.

Giancarlo Stanton was pulled from Tuesday's game against the Blue Jays with a right knee contusion.
                      Last edited by madducks; 06-25-2019, 11:15 PM.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                        Stanton...again.

Giancarlo Stanton was pulled from Tuesday's game against the Blue Jays with a right knee contusion.
                        Biggest pussy in MLB.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Biggest pussy in MLB.
                          Bet you wouldn't say that to his face

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                            Biggest pussy in MLB.
                            at 6'6 250, he is pretty big

Comment

• Stanton back to his home on the IL. Hope everyone enjoyed his one week visit to the active roster.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                Bet you wouldn't say that to his face
                                What's he going to do hit me? Oh wait, his wittle arm has been hurt.

Chase me down? Oh wait, his wittle knee is broke.

My chances look pretty good on getting away with saying it to his face!
                                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Working...
                                X