2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
    For Pete's Sake, my daughter is NINE and the Yankees haven't won the World Series in her lifetime.
    I don't remember. When did you declare that you were giving up on the Pirates and rooting for the Yankees so you could be a fan of a winner? Could this be because of you? If so, please root, root, root for the Yankees!

Comment

• Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      I don't remember. When did you declare that you were giving up on the Pirates and rooting for the Yankees so you could be a fan of a winner? Could this be because of you? If so, please root, root, root for the Yankees!
      The Pirates kept sucking me back in for a few years there but I think the Matt Morris deal / Daniel Moskos combo in 2007 might have been the final straw?

Comment

• From the Yes Network

Aaron Hicks has agreed to a 7-year, $70M extension with the Yankees. The team will announce the extension later today.

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
          From the Yes Network

Aaron Hicks has agreed to a 7-year, $70M extension with the Yankees. The team will announce the extension later today.
          As a Hicks owner who was on the fence about extending, I like this. He is custom fit for that stadium, and f they feel good about giving him 7 years, I feel good about giving him one!

Comment

• Originally posted by fuhrdog View Post
            From the Yes Network

Boy did the Yanks fleece the Twins for Hicks.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              I remember saying this when the trade happened and Twins fans telling me that Hicks was a streaky player that wasn't that good.

I was a little surprised at the length of this deal but I really like the trend that the Yanks are finally extending players before they become a free agent. I believe Betances is next, according to RotoWorld and I read it somewhere else too.
              I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                To be fair of the Twins, they put up with bad and hurt Hicks for a very long time before giving up on him. the change of scenery did wonders for him.

Comment

• The Yankees placed OF Giancarlo Stanton on the 10-day injured list with a left biceps strain. Cue Mith in 3..2..1..
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• And now Andujar to the DL with a shoulder injury.

Comment

• and not just any shoulder injury

I'll let someone else be Debbie Downer on this one - but smoke 'em if you got him
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        and not just any shoulder injury

I'll let someone else be Debbie Downer on this one - but smoke 'em if you got him
                        Hand meekly raised …. my main target in last week's AL-only auction.

I'm gonna be sick ….
                        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Ugh. They'll need LeMahieu to step up big time.

Comment

• And Hicks is nowhere close to returning. It's almost time to check in on Jacoby Ellsbury.

Comment

• From rotoworld:

The Yankees have asked Greg Bird to take some reps at third base.

Bird said Tuesday that he hasn't played at third base since high school, but the Yankees are keeping an open mind with all of their injuries. DJ LeMahieu should be the primary third baseman with Miguel Andujar (shoulder) sidelined.
                              That will surely help a really fragile guy stay healthy, right?

Comment

• I'm a bit surprised that Tulo to the IL wasn't noted here ... who had the under on April 4?

oh yeah, everyone did.
                                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Working...
                                X