2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    He was healthy all last season with the Yanks and had a nice 38 HR, 100 RBI season. If they get that every year out of him, I'm sure they'll consider the contract a success, even if it was an atrocious overpayment. The reality is that it was an anti-Moneyball deal -- they overpaid wildly for a player who provides a commodity that's now in abundance.
    Exactly. It was just money. Ridiculous but reality.

Comment

• Body-camera footage released Wednesday by Connecticut police shows New York Yankees General Manager Brian Cashman getting stopped by cops at gunpoint in an apparent mix-up involving his own stolen vehicle and a separate report of an armed man at a doctor’s office:

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• when they checked the glove compartment, they found the last remaining shreds of the Orioles' dignity.

or so they think. the sample was too small to yield any DNA.
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Gio Urshela has to be one of the pickups of the year -- both in real life and in fantasy. The guy's been incredible -- .342/18/66 through 368 PAs. He's made everyone forget who Miguel Andujar is. Yanks literally got him for nothing from Toronto.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
            Hopefully you held on to him. He's been great since you reverse-jinxed him with this post.
            I did, however, he's up to his old tricks today with an ugly win.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Gio Urshela has to be one of the pickups of the year -- both in real life and in fantasy. The guy's been incredible -- .342/18/66 through 368 PAs. He's made everyone forget who Miguel Andujar is. Yanks literally got him for nothing from Toronto.
              Yeah, i had a hard time finding any takers for a cheap Andujar in my keeper league. Finally dealt him plus a cheap Luzardo for a fairly priced Robbie Ray.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                I'm about ready to drop Tanaka. He is crashing and burning.
                I just couldn't take his inconsistency and anemic K numbers any more. I had to make room for Ray, who is returning from the IL, so i dropped Tanaka. Feeling much better about my pitching right now.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Crazy stat.

First time in 220 games the Yankees have been shut out. In that span 28 of the other 29 teams were shutout 7+ times per MLB Stats

Comment

• Paxton is dealing tonight.... 5IP with 11k, but the Rangers are a K machine lately.

Comment

• Originally posted by cleo View Post
                      Paxton is dealing tonight.... 5IP with 11k, but the Rangers are a K machine lately.
                      6 IP, 12 K, one hit... and only at 84 pitches.
                      In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Any news on Encarnacion? I have read on cbs his status is out until 9/27, but other sites have him still DTD.

Makes it difficult as MLB teams will not put players on IL this last month as the do not need the roster spot and my daily league will not allow me to move him to the IL. So I either need to I need to decide to drop him or continue with zeros until his return.

Comment

• Domingo German placed on Administrative Leave due to the Domestic Violence policy. Yikes.

Comment

Domingo German placed on Administrative Leave due to the Domestic Violence policy. Yikes.
                            Damn, my 2020 keeper list is getting decimated this week. First the Felipe Vasquez crime and now Domingo German.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• German is officially out for the rest of the '19 season and post-season.

Comment

• The Yankees have passed the Twins in the race for the single-season team home run record and now hold a 305-303 lead with two games remaining for each.

Torres - 38
                                Sanchez - 34
                                Gardner - 28
                                Judge - 27
                                LeMahieu - 26
                                Voit - 21
                                Urshela - 21
                                Gregorius - 16
                                Encarnacion - 13
                                Tauchman - 13
                                Hicks - 12
                                Frazier - 12
                                Ford - 12
                                Maybin - 11
                                Romine - 8
                                Stanton -3
                                Higashioka - 3
                                Estrada - 3
                                Wade - 2
                                Tulowitzki - 1
                                Morales - 1
                                Bird - 1
                                Last edited by madducks; 09-29-2019, 04:57 PM.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X