No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aaron Judge today said he has a torn ligament in his toe in addition to his sprain, and Aaron Boone then gave him the dreaded "we hope to have him back before the end of the season" tag. Not good.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Aaron Judge today said he has a torn ligament in his toe in addition to his sprain, and Aaron Boone then gave him the dreaded "we hope to have him back before the end of the season" tag. Not good.
      Damn. Like a lot of fantasy managers, I was really counting on Judge in the second half. Can someone tell me why the Dodgers have an exposed concrete curb at the base of their right field fence?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Carlos Rodon makes his Yankees debut tonight after being activated from the 60-day IL and after signing a 6-year/ $162 million contract during the off-season.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yankees manager Aaron Boone said Tuesday during his appearance on the "Talkin' Yanks" podcast that Aaron Judge is "getting close" to returning from the IL.

When asked whether the beginning of the July 25 series against the Mets was a realistic target for Judge to return, the skipper didn't rule it out.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Aaron Judge is on track to be activated from the IL on Friday according to Joel Sherman of the New York Post.

Judge played in a simulated game Wednesday at the team's spring training complex in Florida for the second day in a row. He hasn't played in a real game since June 3.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Perhaps the biggest reason Rizzo wanted Judge to stay with the Yankees is that Rizzo is a much better hitter when Judge is in the lineup with him. I had to bench Rizzo when Judge was on the IL. Not now.
              Anthony Rizzo batting average splits:

April .283
              May .327
              June .173
              July .162

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Luis Severino may be the worst pitcher in all of baseball. After last night's debacle, he has an 8.06 ERA and 1.89 WHIP. What a downfall for him. Zero chance the Yanks re-sign him.

Comment

• Epic meltdown for the Yanks today. Had a 7-3 lead going to the 9th inn. They brought on closer Clay Holmes in a non-save situation, who proceeded to give up the lead while recording only 1 out. Kahnle then came on to give up the game winner. Yanks are in last place currently 5 G out of the wild card. Surprisingly they did practically nothing to improve themselves at the trade deadline. I can hear the screams for Cashman's head all the way down here in Maryland.

Comment

• Originally posted by rhd View Post
                    Epic meltdown for the Yanks today. Had a 7-3 lead going to the 9th inn. They brought on closer Clay Holmes in a non-save situation, who proceeded to give up the lead while recording only 1 out. Kahnle then came on to give up the game winner. Yanks are in last place currently 5 G out of the wild card. Surprisingly they did practically nothing to improve themselves at the trade deadline. I can hear the screams for Cashman's head all the way down here in Maryland.
                    With Rodon hurt and Cortes likely done for the season, they should shut down Judge and make sure he's 100% for next season. This team is toast.

Comment

• The Yanks currently are only 2 G above .500 and may be sinking. I was wondering when was the last time the Yanks finished a season below .500. It turns out that the Yanks have had 30 straight winning seasons - from 1993-2022. This is the 2nd longest streak in MLB history, bested only by the Yanks' streak of 39 winning seasons from 1926-1964.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

With Rodon hurt and Cortes likely done for the season, they should shut down Judge and make sure he's 100% for next season. This team is toast.
                        Or they could just let Judge DH for the rest of the year and play Stanton in right field.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Anthony Rizzo batting average splits:

April .283
                          May .327
                          June .173
                          July .162
                          Anthony Rizzo's prolonged slump has now been attributed to concussion symptoms. For some reason, it took more than two months to diagnose the problem.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Anthony Rizzo's prolonged slump has now been attributed to concussion symptoms. For some reason, it took more than two months to diagnose the problem.
                            Not sure what you mean, he was on the DL for a concussion a couple weeks back.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post

Not sure what you mean, he was on the DL for a concussion a couple weeks back.
                              Yeah, I know. That's why I thought Rizzo sustained the concussion two weeks ago when he was placed on the IL. Now I just heard that Rizzo sustained the concussion in a May 28 on-field collision with Fernando Tatis Jr. Seems strange that the Yankees or Rizzo didn't think it was a problem back in May. Or June. Or July.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah, I know. That's why I thought Rizzo sustained the concussion two weeks ago when he was placed on the IL. Now I just heard that Rizzo sustained the concussion in a May 28 on-field collision with Fernando Tatis Jr. Seems strange that the Yankees or Rizzo didn't think it was a problem back in May. Or June. Or July.
                                How do we know they didn't?

What fixes a concussion? I dont think going on the IL for 2 months changes it. They likely decided the best/only path forward was playing through it.

Comment

Working...
                                X