2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
    I guess he actually has some other exclusive clubs....

One of them being a 60 HR, 15 SB, .400 OBP season
    He is in the 60 HR, 16 SB, 280 pounds club by himself.

Comment

• So, how much is it going to cost the Yankees to sign Aaron Judge this winter? $400 million? $500 million?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
        So, how much is it going to cost the Yankees to sign Aaron Judge this winter? $400 million? $500 million?
        It will probably cost $45m-$50m/season over 7 years, with a player option after 4, is my guess.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          It will probably cost $45m-$50m/season over 7 years, with a player option after 4, is my guess.
          Since he's already 30, I was thinking $300 mil/6 years. But your point on the player option is a good one. And if the Dodgers just decide they're going to pay the salary cap penalty for like, the next ten years, then it could get really interesting. LA's the one place he could go where he might even have more endorsement opportunities than NY.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I really think the Yankees are going to have to give him 10 years just to outbid other teams. I know big money for 40 year olds never works out well for teams. But, they will just have to absorb the loss at the end of the contract to lock up Judge for his prime years.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I really think the Yankees are going to have to give him 10 years just to outbid other teams. I know big money for 40 year olds never works out well for teams. But, they will just have to absorb the loss at the end of the contract to lock up Judge for his prime years.
              I don't think he's going to want 10 years. I could be wrong. Since he bet on himself, he may believe he should do it again and get an opt-out after year four or so. This way, teams won't have the luxury of back-loading the deal. Front-load it with an opt out after 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Since he's already 30, I was thinking $300 mil/6 years. But your point on the player option is a good one. And if the Dodgers just decide they're going to pay the salary cap penalty for like, the next ten years, then it could get really interesting. LA's the one place he could go where he might even have more endorsement opportunities than NY.
                Steve Cohen could want to stick his finger in the eye of the Yankees too. But I guess we will see.

Comment

• Originally posted by umjewman View Post
                  Steve Cohen could want to stick his finger in the eye of the Yankees too. But I guess we will see.
                  The interwebz might melt down if that happened, but you're right.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Judge just hit HR #61, tying Roger Maris' AL record for the most HRs in one season. Still 7 more games after tonite to break the record outright.

Comment

• Judge hits 62!

Investment VP from Dallas caught the ball. I may have some connections with him I’m going to ask around the office tomorrow

Comment

Judge hits 62!

Investment VP from Dallas caught the ball. I may have some connections with him I’m going to ask around the office tomorrow
                        Investment VP? He won't be trading that ball for jerseys, bats, and tickets lol.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Investment VP? He won't be trading that ball for jerseys, bats, and tickets lol.
                          Correct, he doesn't need the money either apparently.

Comment

Correct, he doesn't need the money either apparently.
                            He's a VP of Sales for Fisher Investments, who offered me the same exact job back in '07 or '08, an offer which I declined. He could be amazingly successful for them sure, but let's be clear, we're talking about a position that likely pays $150k-$250k, depending on his performance. Obviously not chump change, but I wouldn't say he doesn't need $2m.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                              He's a VP of Sales for Fisher Investments, who offered me the same exact job back in '07 or '08, an offer which I declined. He could be amazingly successful for them sure, but let's be clear, we're talking about a position that likely pays $150k-$250k, depending on his performance. Obviously not chump change, but I wouldn't say he doesn't need $2m.
                              I'm not aware of his specific position, I took that "doesn't need the money" from a couple sources I read last night. You certainly could be right.

Surprised a VP wouldn't make more that that though.

Comment

I'm not aware of his specific position, I took that "doesn't need the money" from a couple sources I read last night. You certainly could be right.

Surprised a VP wouldn't make more that that though.
                                In finance, especially in sales, everybody's a VP.

Comment

Working...
                                X