2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    And his last year in Pittsburgh was 4.26 ERA/1.24 WHIP. I think I've figured out what Houston taught him.
    I think Charlie Morton was also in that class.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Agreed. I have so little sympathy here. And so disingenuous for him to say “I don’t want batters to get hurt” when what he surely means is “I don’t want to struggle and look overrated.”
      And the batters also want the pitchers to be able to use SOMETHING...there are too many 98 MPH fastballs that are going places the pitchers never intended. MLB, as usual, fucked up big time and implemented something in the middle of the year without thought of the consequences.
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
        Gerrit Cole pre June 1: 1.78 ERA, 0.83 WHIP
        Gerrit Cole post June 1: 5.24 ERA, 1.22 WHIP
        CG shutout with 12 K's tonight. That's more like it. Although, he threw a whopping 129 pitches.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Just like the internet before google, is anyone else asking how there was baseball before jomboy?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Devastating loss by the Yanks today. Leading the Astros 7-2 going into the 9th, Green comes in w 2 runners on, allows both to score before giving up 4 runs of his own, including a walkoff 3-R HR to Altuve.
              Last edited by rhd; 07-11-2021, 05:10 PM.

Comment

• I wouldn't be surprised to see the Yankees trade for Pirates closer Richard Rodriguez.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yanks-Red Sox ppd because 3 Yankee players tested positive for covid and 3 others are in the protocol. WTF??? Why won't these players get the vaccine (the Yanks are indeed one of the teams with 85%+ vaccination rates)?? Plus, they royally F'd over MLB, as this was quite the showcase game after the AS Break.

Comment

Yanks-Red Sox ppd because 3 Yankee players tested positive for covid and 3 others are in the protocol. WTF??? Why won't these players get the vaccine (the Yanks are indeed one of the teams with 85%+ vaccination rates)?? Plus, they royally F'd over MLB, as this was quite the showcase game after the AS Break.
                    All Yankee players that tested positive are vaccinated. They were one of the first teams to reach the 85% threshold.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• And Judge is in the protocol. If he ends up positive, this could be a real train wreck.
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        All Yankee players that tested positive are vaccinated. They were one of the first teams to reach the 85% threshold.
                        Are you sure? Cashman said “most” of those 6 players were vaccinated. Not sure what “most” means, and he didn’t say who was and who wasn’t.

Comment

Are you sure? Cashman said “most” of those 6 players were vaccinated. Not sure what “most” means, and he didn’t say who was and who wasn’t.
                          I think there's three positives and three in the protocol. From what I read, the positives are vaccinated, but the ones in the protocol may not be.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            I think there's three positives and three in the protocol. From what I read, the positives are vaccinated, but the ones in the protocol may not be.
                            Yup, that appears to be the case.

Comment

• I think the Yankees should rename the IL the Voit list.

Injury busts of the year conversations should start with Luke Voit, who is back on the IL again with a knee problem this time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                                I think the Yankees should rename the IL the Voit list.

Injury busts of the year conversations should start with Luke Voit, who is back on the IL again with a knee problem this time.
                                Voit is back on the Mondesi list?

Comment

Working...
                                X