No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the Tigers have now lost 15 of their last 17 and are hitting .195 as a team this season. his previous opponent, the Orioles, are hitting .227.

they have the lowest and 3rd-lowest OPS+s in the AL (CLE is a tick worse than BAL).

don't push in all the chips on Kluber just yet.
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
      the Tigers have now lost 15 of their last 17 and are hitting .195 as a team this season. his previous opponent, the Orioles, are hitting .227.

they have the lowest and 3rd-lowest OPS+s in the AL (CLE is a tick worse than BAL).

don't push in all the chips on Kluber just yet.
      I am not predicting he competes for a Cy Young, but clearly reports of his demise were premature. The wily veteran is showing he can still get it done, even if it is against a pair of the worst teams in baseball. They are still pro players and some thought he was total toast. His FB velocity is up nearly 2 mph over these last two games too, nearly up to what it was in his glory days. I'm not saying he is going to be elite, but he has already proven to be the better signing over Paxton, obviously, and I think the Yankees will end up getting their money's worth here.

Comment

• it's definitely possible.

I just need to see more first.

there have been lots of cagey veterans who boost you into the playoffs by bullying hapless lineups all season, which is a big help.
        but in the postseason, you have to be able to tackle the big dogs.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

it's definitely possible.

I just need to see more first.

there have been lots of cagey veterans who boost you into the playoffs by bullying hapless lineups all season, which is a big help.
          but in the postseason, you have to be able to tackle the big dogs.
          I'm not a Yankees fan, so I only care about how Klubot does in the regular season, and given the price I paid for him, I'm content to stream him against push overs until he shows more. If I were a Yankees fan, I'd just hang my hat on Cole getting you a couple of wins in a playoff series and hoping your offensive carries you the rest of the way.

Comment

• Will be interesting to see. I'm like Judge Jude, not sold yet.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I heard Kluber's post-game interview on radio. he's very cerebral for.... a baseball player.

I am reasonably confident that he can flummox more clueless batters.

that category these days arguably is "almost all of them." so we'll see.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I heard Kluber's post-game interview on radio. he's very cerebral for.... a baseball player.

I am reasonably confident that he can flummox more clueless batters.

that category these days arguably is "almost all of them." so we'll see.
                Yes, Kluber has always relied, in part, on effective pitch sequencing for his success. Of course, that can only take you so far, but I take it as a positive sign that his velocity has been up over his last two starts, and he has spotted his pitches better too. I'm sure he will have more clunkers coming, even best case, but I'll be looking for those location and velocity numbers as signs of whether the general forward momentum will continue.

Comment

• Voit activated

Comment

• Gleyber Torres to the IL with covid

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                      Will be interesting to see. I'm like Judge Jude, not sold yet.
                      You and JJ ready to join the Klubot fan club yet? If one of you says it's just the Rangers, I will Klubotomize you .

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                        You and JJ ready to join the Klubot fan club yet? If one of you says it's just the Rangers, I will Klubotomize you .
                        It's just the Rangers.

Comment

• no team has ever been no-hit 3 times in the same season.

so far, 3 AL teams have been no-hit twice in 2021 - and it's only May !

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

It's just the Rangers.
                            Give my man his due!

ETA: I know the set up was impossible to ignore, but juust in case there are any Klubot haters still out there, I will point out his era is now 2.86 and and his whip is 1.17, and his pitches have looked sharper and sharper as the year has progressed.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                              Give my man his due!

ETA: I know the set up was impossible to ignore, but juust in case there are any Klubot haters still out there, I will point out his era is now 2.86 and and his whip is 1.17, and his pitches have looked sharper and sharper as the year has progressed.
                              It's just the Rangers.

Comment

It's just the Rangers.
                                I just keep teeing them up...I don't know why I'm annoyed you keep hitting it out .

Comment

Working...
                                X