2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    Is Domingo German even worth a late round flier?

The guy who owns him is offering him for any draft pick. In our rules, he's locked in for 2020 and 2021 unless cut, with affordable options in 2022 and 2023.

J
    I had thought he would never appear in pinstripes again, but with their injuries, maybe they decide he's too important to them, lol.

Are you stuck with him, or can you drop him without penalty if need be?

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      I had thought he would never appear in pinstripes again, but with their injuries, maybe they decide he's too important to them, lol. Are you stuck with him, or can you drop him without penalty if need be?
      The only risk is the lost pick and the roster rent. Once cut, he loses his extra two years, but keeps the two option years.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Is Domingo German even worth a late round flier?

The guy who owns him is offering him for any draft pick. In our rules, he's locked in for 2020 and 2021 unless cut, with affordable options in 2022 and 2023.

J
        I have a chance to keep German or Heaney at the same price and i'm going with the injury prone Heaney. In my league a suspended player like German would take up 1 of my 4 bench spots while he is out. At least if Heaney gets hurt i can move him to an IL spot and pick up a replacement. So, i would only recommend Domingo if you have a deep bench to stash him on or NA spots.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          I have a chance to keep German or Heaney at the same price and i'm going with the injury prone Heaney. In my league a suspended player like German would take up 1 of my 4 bench spots while he is out. At least if Heaney gets hurt i can move him to an IL spot and pick up a replacement. So, i would only recommend Domingo if you have a deep bench to stash him on or NA spots.
          That's a no-brainer to me. Heaney has the K% to jump up the list and we have probably seen German's best. My question is whether German has any value at all.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

That's a no-brainer to me. Heaney has the K% to jump up the list and we have probably seen German's best. My question is whether German has any value at all.

J
            The fact that they haven't already cut bait with him means they'll probably bring him back after his suspension. And given their pitching he probably goes into the rotation. As a fan I wish they wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
              The fact that they haven't already cut bait with him means they'll probably bring him back after his suspension. And given their pitching he probably goes into the rotation. As a fan I wish they wouldn't.
              But, he's not Osuna, meaning not a big talent. He'll have a short leash. For the potential fantasy value, he isn't worth the headache much less the bad taste.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Now Stanton has a Grade 1 calf strain (he's hurt, shocking!)....sounds eerily familiar to last season's injury-riddled Yanks.

Comment

• The Yankees’ catcher is hoping a new stance can shore up his defensive shortcomings.

Gary Sanchez adopting a new stance behind the plate in hopes of improving both blocking and pitch framing.

I think he gets a lot of crap for his defense and some of it is justified but I also think he doesn't get enough credit for just how hard the Yankee pitchers are to catch.

Comment

• Aaron Judge's "cranky and sore" right shoulder isn't getting any better and he will have more tests done.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• not too late to get in on the "Yankees under 101 wins" bet - well, in 15 or so states, anyway.

Maybin, Tauchman, German, Urshela, Ford - and career years from LeMahieu and Gardner - those pixie-dust deals tend to be of the one-year variety. Happ is ancient and what's left of Sabathia is gone. Paxton out at least a month. Ottavino and Britton are really good, but not THAT good.

Cole is a massive SP rotation upgrade, but he also has a LOT to make up for.
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        I have missed a lot, haven't I? Did you actually quit the Buccos and join the Evil Empire?
                        2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          I have missed a lot, haven't I? Did you actually quit the Buccos and join the Evil Empire?
                          He did many, many moons ago. And I always though JC was such a nice fellow, too .

Comment

• Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                            Yes... like 7 or 8 years ago. But I still wish the Pirates well, generally, even if I can't root for them.

Comment

• Brian Cashman announced that both Judge & Stanton are "unlikely for Opening Day." He also said he's hopeful to get Stanton back "sometime in April."

Ya, taking both off my draft board now, lol

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Brian Cashman announced that both Judge & Stanton are "unlikely for Opening Day." He also said he's hopeful to get Stanton back "sometime in April."

Ya, taking both off my draft board now, lol
                                As bad as some trades the Marlins have made in their history, that Stanton one was pretty pretty pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X