No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Red Sox battering the Yanks staff again. Betts has 3 HRs through 4 innings!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Red Sox battering the Yanks staff again. Betts has 3 HRs through 4 innings!
      JD Martinez with only one. Dude sucks.
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by heyelander View Post
        JD Martinez with only one. Dude sucks.
        Yeah, only a person who relied on luck would draft JD.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Tanaka vs Red Sox this year:
          ERA: 40.50
          WHIP: 5.25

Tanaka vs everyone else:
          ERA: 3.56
          WHIP: 1.12

Given those numbers, i fully expect Tanaka to throw a shutout in his next start against the Red Sox while i and many others have him on their bench. Just to drive his fantasy owners crazy.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Is it time to drop Paxton in a shallow mixer? I'm in a fight for the last playoff spot and my ratios have been brutal for weeks. Paxton is the main culprit.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
              Is it time to drop Paxton in a shallow mixer? I'm in a fight for the last playoff spot and my ratios have been brutal for weeks. Paxton is the main culprit.
              oof, tough call. Obviously he has the talent to bounce back at any moment, but he has been brutal this season. Who is on the wire?

Comment

oof, tough call. Obviously he has the talent to bounce back at any moment, but he has been brutal this season. Who is on the wire?
                Here is my staff:

Bieber Paddack German Pineda Bauer Soroka Yarbrough Paxton
                Robles Kennedy Hendricks Givens Anderson

I need to drop someone to activate Eloy. Santander was my fill-in but I could use a 6th OF as I have had a hole there when one of my 5 isn't playing.

Notable FA are: Woj Vargas Plesac Urquidy Gallen DeSclafini

Descalfini is the one who caught my eye. I just dropped Gallen.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  I just dropped Gallen.
                  Wait, what?

Comment

• Yeah, not sure why you dropped Gallen, I'd pick him up and drop Santander, and pick up Disco and drop Givens, who provides very, very little and will likely be moved by tomorrow.

Comment

Yeah, not sure why you dropped Gallen, I'd pick him up and drop Santander, and pick up Disco and drop Givens, who provides very, very little and will likely be moved by tomorrow.
                      Me either, looking at his numbers. They may have been skewed by his first start. It is neither an experienced nor active league so I knew if he got hot I could probably pick him up again. Above moves are done. Thanks all for chiming in.

Comment

• Big ol Luke Voit turned into a pumpkin. Stats pretty much non existent since the beginning of June. How come that big lug turned into a crappy hitter? Fuck him.
                        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                          Big ol Luke Voit turned into a pumpkin. Stats pretty much non existent since the beginning of June. How come that big lug turned into a crappy hitter? Fuck him.
                          Has he? Since June 1, he's hitting .308/.421/.476. Just 5 HRs in that span, but he's still on pace for 30 HRs, 85 RBIs if he was healthy. Did you expect 60 HRs?

Comment

Did you expect 60 HRs?
                            14 HR in 132 AB last year. How could you not expect 60?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                              14 HR in 132 AB last year. How could you not expect 60?
                              Is that what the metrics said?
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Has he? Since June 1, he's hitting .308/.421/.476. Just 5 HRs in that span, but he's still on pace for 30 HRs, 85 RBIs if he was healthy. Did you expect 60 HRs?
                                30 HR's is mediocre this year. Have you seen the hitters approaching that number? And 5 HR in 2 months seems to indicate something is up, wouldn't you think so?

Comment

Working...
                                X