No announcement yet.

2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we already have a 2k14 Yankees thread! This is what I mean! It's anarchy!

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      we already have a 2k14 Yankees thread! This is what I mean! It's anarchy!
      Sorry about that. Still, the first post is yours, if you want to move the links there.
      people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

Curtis Granderson declines his $14.1 qualifying offer, much to the Yankees delight. The gamble pays off for Cashman & co.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
          Curtis Granderson declines his $14.1 qualifying offer, much to the Yankees delight. The gamble pays off for Cashman & co.
          Brilliant, because you sure don't want a guy who's capable of going 40/100/100 with 20+ steals. Much better to fill up that spot with Wells, Ichiro, and Co...Oy Vey.
          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
          -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
            Brilliant, because you sure don't want a guy who's capable of going 40/100/100 with 20+ steals. Much better to fill up that spot with Wells, Ichiro, and Co...Oy Vey.
            The Yanks appear to be sticking to the thought of re-tooling while staying under the magical $189m mark. Had Granderson accepted, which they feared he might, it would've hamstrung these plans which include making offers to McCann, Choo, Beltran, Tanaka, Cano & Kuroda. Grandy was well down on their list of targets -- and it sounds like he's not on their list at all -- but getting another compensatory 1st rounder was key.

Comment

all the Cardinals got for losing Pujols was a lousy compensatory first-rounder - who turned into Michael Wacha.
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                all the Cardinals got for losing Pujols was a lousy compensatory first-rounder - who turned into Michael Wacha.
                Yeah, well, the last first rounder the Yankees signed who was a meaningful contributor was Ian Kennedy, in 2006. Let's just say I don't think the Yankees and Cardinals should assign the same value to a comp pick.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  And Mike Trout was picked with a compensatory pick from Yankees when they signed Teixeira.
                  I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                    And Mike Trout was picked with a compensatory pick from Yankees when they signed Teixeira.
                    Squaring up that 3 team fantasy dealio from The the Angels angels of Anahiem perspective they moved Wacha and Tex (and took on a mega significant payroll obligation) for Albert and Trout. Not too shabby. If it were a actually a 3 way trade (of course it wasn't) it would've gone down just like most I've seen in my leagues. 2 clear winners and a .... I'll be nice, the Bronx is already churning badly enough. Bad tasting crow I think? Pre season consensus was at least they couldn't possibly finish behind Boston.

Comment

Yanks to Cano: Get Real!

Yankees president Randy Levine told ESPN New York that the team has no interest in a ten-year deal or a deal that would pay the second baseman $300 million.
                      "We have no interest in doing any 10-year deals and no interest in paying $300 million to any player," said Levine. "Until he gets a little more realistic, we have nothing to talk about." Cano recently said he is ready to take negotiations well into January if necessary, so this back-and-forth could go on for a while.
                      Source: ESPN New York Nov 19 - 12:20 PM

Comment

Any update on the catcher situation? Sandlot Shrink has Cervelli as the starter and MLBdepthcharts has Romine starting. Will one of them win it or do they sign or trade for someone else?
                        拖裤子,
                        放屁

Literally means "pulling your pants down to fart" which is a Chinese idiom for "wasted effort." Makes sense to me!

Comment

Originally posted by Trader Mac View Post
                          Any update on the catcher situation? Sandlot Shrink has Cervelli as the starter and MLBdepthcharts has Romine starting. Will one of them win it or do they sign or trade for someone else?
                          It's likely neither of those guys will be the starter and they'll sign someone. McCann is at the top of their list.

Comment

If it's either one of those two I'd stash JR Murphy away on my farm roster... I suspect it will be a free agent or trade target as the starter.
                            "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by dannahann View Post
                              Squaring up that 3 team fantasy dealio from The the Angels angels of Anahiem perspective they moved Wacha and Tex (and took on a mega significant payroll obligation) for Albert and Trout. Not too shabby. If it were a actually a 3 way trade (of course it wasn't) it would've gone down just like most I've seen in my leagues. 2 clear winners and a .... I'll be nice, the Bronx is already churning badly enough. Bad tasting crow I think? Pre season consensus was at least they couldn't possibly finish behind Boston.
                              How many World Series have the Angels won since this 3-team pseudo-trade? Two clear winners is right, you're just a little mixed up on who they are.
                              Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

McCann rumored to be signed within a few days. He's only 30, which will bring the starting lineup average age down considerably.

And if he does sign, probably a smart move. Even if he's not what he was, he's a massive upgrade over the dross they used at catcher in 2013.
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X