2K24: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
    What do people think about Refsnyder for the rest of the season? Is he worth rostering? AL 10 team only. Keeper value for next year? He popped his first HR in game #2 but even admitted himself in the postgame interview that he doesn't have much power and the HR was kind of a surprise. Still if he can put up a .275 avg and get on base with a few RBIs and Rs in the mix he should hold some value (over JD Drew), right?
    Cashman said he'd be given every opportunity to hold down the job, and he did well at SWB. Full season numbers, once he adapts to MLB pitching, I think can be close to his ML norms of .275, 10-15 HR, 60-70 RBIs, 10 SBs.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
      What do people think about Refsnyder for the rest of the season? Is he worth rostering? AL 10 team only. Keeper value for next year? He popped his first HR in game #2 but even admitted himself in the postgame interview that he doesn't have much power and the HR was kind of a surprise. Still if he can put up a .275 avg and get on base with a few RBIs and Rs in the mix he should hold some value (over JD Drew), right?
      He doesn't have a lot of power, but he does have SOME power. His ceiling for a full season of full-time play is probably 15 HR / 15 SB, which isn't a bad get in a AL-only league. My guess is that the last half of 2015 will be a full-time trial for him for the Yankees to decide if they should take him seriously for 2016 or not. If he's mediocre or poor, my guess is that he spends most of his career bouncing back and forth between AAA and the major. But again, if he can reach or come close to his ceiling, he's definitely worth rostering in an AL-only.

Comment

• So what happened here?

At one point, they were rumored to get BOTH Kimbrel and Chapman. They got Dustin Ackley. Considering the aggressiveness of the Jays, I'm surprised they stood pat. They did announce Luis Severino will take Michael Pineda's spot in the rotation, however.

Comment

• I saw something saying that they offered a decent prospect and to take Gyorko's contract for Kimbrel and got turned down, which seems like it would have been a great deal for SD.
          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• I knew they weren't going to get Kimbrel or Chapman. I liked the rumors of getting Carter Capps but why would Miami trade him? He's under team control through 2018. He was Pre-Arb this year so he's probably only making about $500K I'm sure even the Marlins can afford that and shouldn't go up that much next year.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Severino to start Wednesday vs. BOS (Steven Wright?). What do you Yankee fans think of this guy, and his prospects for the rest of the season and 2016? Seems like NY could have dealt him at the deadline to get one of the shiny pieces that went to TOR or HOU or TEX perhaps. Does keeping him indicate they really do think as highly of him as people say?

Comment

• They think very highly of him, but some folks (notably Keith Law) think that he is a long term injury risk or high leverage reliever due to his mostly upper body delivery. He has excelled at every level in the Minors and has moved relaitvely aggressively through the levels. I expect him to develop into a good #2 type, but the Yankees apparently think that he has ace potential.
                "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

• I just saw this pic from last night's game of CC ... this is not a doctored pic ... that is a very large man ...

It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
                    They think very highly of him, but some folks (notably Keith Law) think that he is a long term injury risk or high leverage reliever due to his mostly upper body delivery. He has excelled at every level in the Minors and has moved relaitvely aggressively through the levels. I expect him to develop into a good #2 type, but the Yankees apparently think that he has ace potential.
                    with all due respect, he said Sale had a similar career path due to delivery & body type.

Comment

• Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                      I just saw this pic from last night's game of CC ... this is not a doctored pic ... that is a very large man ...

All I can think of is "Get in ma belly!"

Comment

I just saw this pic from last night's game of CC ... this is not a doctored pic ... that is a very large man ...

I saw the Yankees highlight package last night and made the same observation.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• CC pitches better when he's heavier.
                          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

and in completely unrelated news ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
                            Yankees placed LHP CC Sabathia on the 15-day disabled list with a right knee injury.
                            Yankees manager Joe Girardi said while making the announcement that Sabathia could be done for the year. Sabathia had surgery on his right knee last season and has needed it drained on two different occasions this summer. If his 2015 is indeed over, the veteran southpaw will finish up with a 5.27 ERA, 1.45 WHIP, and 113/37 K/BB ratio in 138 1/3 innings. He's owed $25 million in 2016.
                            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• A small fracture was found in Tex's leg and he's gone for the rest of the season.

Comment

• PeterBotte [Daily News beat guy]
                                7:10pm via Twitter Web Client

First of four vs. the Jays, there is hardly anyone at the Stadium. Entire sections empty. Crazy.

hey, it's hard to afford both Mets AND Yankees tix, so.....
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X