The "right" draft spot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "right" draft spot

So in a 12-team PPR league with no negative points for ints or fumbles, I have the #4 pick. This year, we're trying out 3rd round reversal for the first time. The owner of the #12 pick has expressed interest in swapping places. Which slot is more advantageous?
    "Igor, would you give me a hand with the bags?"
    "Certainly. You take the blonde and I'll take the one in the turban!"

in a 3rd round reversal draft, I'd rather be towards the bottom, especially this year.

Comment

I'd be happy with any of the top 10 picks in the first round, so in 3RR I think the "best" spot is #10.

As far as #12 vs. #4, it depends whether you're comfortable with WR-WR, because that's likely to be the best play at #12. 3RR means you won't have quite as far to go to get the subsequent RBs, so it may be better as long as you weren't planning to go RB-RB.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

I like #4 - I really prefer one of the top five RBs, even with the hit on the reversal.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
          I like #4 - I really prefer one of the top five RBs, even with the hit on the reversal.
          Ok. So who are the top 5 RBs? Obviously AP is #1. Who is 2-5?

Comment

Originally posted by Long John View Post
            Ok. So who are the top 5 RBs? Obviously AP is #1. Who is 2-5?
            Foster, Martin, Charles, then take your pick. So I see a clear cut 4, but to be honest, there's no reason to think a Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris won't be top 5 by year's end.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
              Foster, Martin, Charles, then take your pick. So I see a clear cut 4, but to be honest, there's no reason to think a Trent Richardson or Alfred Morris won't be top 5 by year's end.
              I like Rice as the fifth in a PPR league.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I like Rice as the fifth in a PPR league.
                He might be, but with Bernard Pierce in the fold and expected to get many more touches, Rice's production could take a hit. I'm not saying he's not worthy of the #5 spot, but you can make a case for any number of players there.

Comment

but you can make a case for any number of players there.
                  Which goes back to my point about being happy anywhere in the top 10 (if you want RB or Calvin in the 1st).
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

He might be, but with Bernard Pierce in the fold and expected to get many more touches, Rice's production could take a hit. I'm not saying he's not worthy of the #5 spot, but you can make a case for any number of players there.
                    I'm with you. I have Rice rated #8-9 RB in a non-PPR league, but I think the Ravens really ramp up use of Rice in the passing game with Pitta out for the year. That being said, I'm not questioning anyone who takes Richardson or a couple others in the five slot.

Comment

I'm a little surprised that Jamaal Charles is rated that highly. I just don't see him as being able to stay healthy long enough to justify getting taken that high.

In the Liz Hurley league (non-PPR), I had the #4 pick and took Spiller. And I was considering Rice there too.

Comment

Working...
                      X