Let's Walk Down Memory Lane

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's Walk Down Memory Lane

To kill some time while waiting for the clock to strike 5:00 today, lets recall some of our favorite RJ memories/former members/threads/etc.

I'll start

The Footballguys invasion. How long ago was that (2002,2003?). From my beer-soaked memory: a bunch of banned/suspended member from the Footballguys forum set up shop here and started causing a ruckus. If I recall correctly, this is where the nickname
    Bhob started. Anyone remember why?

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
    To kill some time while waiting for the clock to strike 5:00 today, lets recall some of our favorite RJ memories/former members/threads/etc.

I'll start

The Footballguys invasion. How long ago was that (2002,2003?). From my beer-soaked memory: a bunch of banned/suspended member from the Footballguys forum set up shop here and started causing a ruckus. If I recall correctly, this is where the nickname
    Bhob started. Anyone remember why?
    I remember that happening, and how ridiculous it was, but don't recall "Bhob" coming from it.

As far as former member, how's your boy EZ Eagle? Or is he on here under a different name? Definitely one of my favorites, along with Bill Buckner.

Comment

The MJ PMs thread

Comment

Buckner is the junkie I miss most
        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Who the RJ member with the fat chick luau?

Comment

as a nod to the OP, the friarfan story where he lit his pants on fire .

the flareup over latoya's nipple at halftime which revealed some quite prudish viewpoints of a few members.

YG and NR going at it in the WoW thread.
            "Instead of all of this energy and effort directed at the war to end drugs, how about a little attention to drugs which will end war?" Albert Hofmann

Comment

mattsavard....of course....

Comment

I think all of Friarfan's stories belong on a special pedestal all to their own.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                  you really don't remember mattsavard?
                  Wasn't he stapler guy too?

Comment

and then there was the guy with more lcd screens than anyone else. I felt so inadequate.

last night we were watching tv & there was a comedy segment on "the most embarrasing thing that ever happened to you on a date". it's too bad nobody else could relate to my laughing at that before anyone even said anything.
                    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                      I remember that happening, and how ridiculous it was, but don't recall "Bhob" coming from it.

As far as former member, how's your boy EZ Eagle? Or is he on here under a different name? Definitely one of my favorites, along with Bill Buckner.
                      Huh, I thought it was the footballguys, um, guys that labeled him "Bhob".

EZ Eagle is good. After years of leeching off of his wife and being a general burden on society, he's become a teacher and also has most of his spare time taken up with his daughter's soccer team. He's also going to become a dad again in about 6 months. I'll ask him to get on here again some time.

Can't believe that Bill Buckner hasn't been around since 2011. From his facebook post, I believe he, too, has planted his seed again.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve
                        you really don't remember mattsavard?
                        Funny, speaking of the footballguys thing, didn't they rag on him pretty heavily here? Interestingly enough, he's become a pretty prominent member (member name "icon" I believe) over there since storming off here. Didn't he flame out at some point and take his ball (or stapler) and go home?

Comment

Originally posted by griswold View Post
                          I think all of Friarfan's stories belong on a special pedestal all to their own.
                          Aww, you like me! You really like me!

I've recently been giving serious thought and have been talking to a few people about putting pen to paper and putting those stories in a book. I have an idea for putting them in to a linear story line. I'll pitch my idea to youse guys when I get my shite together.

Comment

What about the stories with Long John and the Lesbian Horde???? I miss those
                            It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years and we must stop it.
                            Bill Clinton 1995, State of the Union Address

"When they go low - we go High" great motto - too bad it was a sack of bullshit. DNC election mantra

Comment

Originally posted by Friarfan View Post
                              Huh, I thought it was the footballguys, um, guys that labeled him "Bhob".

EZ Eagle is good. After years of leeching off of his wife and being a general burden on society, he's become a teacher and also has most of his spare time taken up with his daughter's soccer team. He's also going to become a dad again in about 6 months. I'll ask him to get on here again some time.

Can't believe that Bill Buckner hasn't been around since 2011. From his facebook post, I believe he, too, has planted his seed again.
                              According to his member profile, he was here just the other day, so maybe he's just avoiding you!

His last posts are from 4 months ago.

Comment

Working...
                              X