X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The ball sounds like a cannon shot coming off his bat

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Good thing he's not a Yankee, because John Sterling's HR call may have gone like this:

"It's a Big Splooge from the Puig!"
      Somebody on Twitter had roughly the same idea with a Sterling call: "Oh My, When Puigs Fly"!
      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Heyman says Ethier tradeable - if Dodgers willing to eat half the money
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Looks like Puig will be playing for the foreseeable future:

CBSSports.com(07:20 pm ET) Dodgers left fielder Carl Crawford won't return from the disabled list after the minimum 15 days, the Los Angels Times reports. Crawford's hamstring injury is "fairly significant," manager Don Mattingly said. Crawford was removed from Sunday's game with a hamstring cramp and was placed on the disabled list the following day with a hamstring strain.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            Holy freakin' crap this kid can rake. Grand salami tonight gives him 3 HR already to go with his 9 RBI in his first 3 games, lol.
            already one more HR than Kemp, and one less than Ethier......

Comment

Another jack. I'm sorry, there's no way he's getting sent down. Something will work itself out to give him a starting job.

Comment

This is one prospect where Law was pretty much completely wrong and since I like Law the best out of the prospect guru's, I sort of missed the boat on Puig. I cant kick myself too hard as I got these six in my preseason draft: Bogaerts, Rendon, Polanco, Gausman, Appel, and Bryant. But I'm super annoyed that the owner that always seems to do everything right was the one to draft Puig, pretty late in the draft.
                "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

First guy to hit 4 HR in his 1st game 5 games since..... Mike Jacobs!!

#oh

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    First guy to hit 4 HR in his 1st game 5 games since..... Mike Jacobs!!

#oh
                    1st guy to have 10 RBI in his first 4 games since....Never!

He's absolutely for real in every respect...he seems to relish the big stage, taking curtain calls, and speaking to reporters in limited English when he can. His baseball skills are amazing, the only thing that he's yet to show his his speed on the basepaths, but he has to hit a few singles for that to happen.

Ferdi paid his a great compliment last night by intentionally walking him...a guy playing in 4th major league game to get to Ellis, a 10 year vet with almost 1300 games played. Worked too...

Of course he's going to cool off, of course he's going to have slumps, but from watching him now for 4 games, he's without question the real thing. Gotta wonder what they're cooking down in Cuba with him, Cespedes, and Soler on the way...a whole new generation.

Oh yeah, he hit his 4 homers off of 4 different types of pitches. Fastball, change, slider, and last night a curve...
                    Last edited by Hornsby; 06-08-2013, 01:10 PM.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      He's absolutely for real in every respect.
                      all kidding from me aside, I'm about as bullish on him myself as I get with prospects - and I'm generally cautious. Maybe we'll see a "second time around the league" factor.
                      Maybe.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Kemp with some kind of "setback", too. I guess Puig stays around a while.

Here's my dilemma--I have Puig as a minor league pick. He'd be a great help if I activate him, of course. The thing is that I'm in 11th out of 12 and unlikely to make up a lot of ground. IF I leave Puig in my minors AND he maintains rookie eligibility as of the end of the season, I can keep him in my minors this off-season and not have to use a keeper spot for him, plus get an extra year of his low contract. If I leave him in my minors and he exceeds the rookie requirement, it's activate or lose him, in which case of course I activate him.

Activate him now, and start his contract? Keep him where he is, and hope he maintains rookie status?
                        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                        -- William James

Comment

As someone who hoped for Harvey to retain rookie status last year and didn't get there -- I think you have to activate him. I'd be shocked if the Dodgers sent him down. What reason could they have? Remember he's already on a 7-year contract, so it's not like they're trying to keep him away from arbitration or something.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            Kemp with some kind of "setback", too. I guess Puig stays around a while.

Here's my dilemma--I have Puig as a minor league pick. He'd be a great help if I activate him, of course. The thing is that I'm in 11th out of 12 and unlikely to make up a lot of ground. IF I leave Puig in my minors AND he maintains rookie eligibility as of the end of the season, I can keep him in my minors this off-season and not have to use a keeper spot for him, plus get an extra year of his low contract. If I leave him in my minors and he exceeds the rookie requirement, it's activate or lose him, in which case of course I activate him.

Activate him now, and start his contract? Keep him where he is, and hope he maintains rookie status?
                            If there's no motivation at all to move up in the standings then you might as well keep him in your minors. The safe money is on him accruing enough at-bats to lose that eligibility this year, whether by Ethier being traded or more injuries from the other outfielders.

Comment

Originally posted by overkill94 View Post
                              If there's no motivation at all to move up in the standings then you might as well keep him in your minors. The safe money is on him accruing enough at-bats to lose that eligibility this year, whether by Ethier being traded or more injuries from the other outfielders.
                              I agree...let him sit Ray and the likelihood is that you'll have to activate him. But there's always a chance...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by mjl View Post
                                As someone who hoped for Harvey to retain rookie status last year and didn't get there -- I think you have to activate him. I'd be shocked if the Dodgers sent him down. What reason could they have? Remember he's already on a 7-year contract, so it's not like they're trying to keep him away from arbitration or something.
                                Listening to XM's Fantasy Baseball this morning, they said Mattingly said Puig is here to stay, but I can't find any online confirmation of that. It would be hard to believe he could get sent down. Hell, send Ethier down!

Comment

Working...
                                X