Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knives Out is a lot of fun.

Comment

• The Joan Jett documentary "Bad Reputation" was exceelent. Joan Jett rocks!

BTW, the entire movie is on Youtube right now. Not sure how long that will last.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• We were looking for a movie last night and came up with the 2003 action buddy movie called The Rundown. It is one of the Rock's earlier movies. It was a lot of fun. Great action, good chemistry, just enough humor. I am not sure how we have never seen it, but I am glad we did.

If you like this type of movie, it is well worth the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
          Knives Out is a lot of fun.
          Caught this one on NYE. Good flick. I enjoyed it.

I wanted it to go one level deeper, with an additional flip of who was responsible. But that might have taken it too far down the rabbit hole (or donut hole as you might say).

Comment

• Kathleen and I watched Better Off Dead last night. Fun flick.

Watched it on my DVD copy.....it seems it's not available for streaming?
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
              Kathleen and I watched Better Off Dead last night. Fun flick.

Watched it on my DVD copy.....it seems it's not available for streaming?
              I want my 2 dollars !!!
              ---------------------------------------------
              Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
              ---------------------------------------------
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• 1917 is best movie of the year IMO. I still need to watch Jojo Rabbit though.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  1917 is best movie of the year IMO. I still need to watch Jojo Rabbit though.
                  I gotta watch 1917 then... JoJo Rabbit had it's moments... I enjoyed it. In the same niche as Inglourious Basterds...a Nazi comedy...
                  I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
                  You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
                  "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
                  It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• Oscars betting legal in NJ again this year, I think Indiana just added it as well. still a no-go in Nevada, however and the other 47 states.

I got Parasite as Best Picture the other day at 3 to 1 odds. now it's lower than 2 to 1 (+175).

I can bet 10 bucks on Renee Zellwegger as Best Actress and win 40 cents if she wins.
                    I could - but I won't.

but it's a bargain compared to Joaquin Phoenix - bet 10 bucks to win 20 cents.

Brad Pitt and Laura Dern in Supporting are both 10 bucks to win 40 cents as well. they should have a parlay on ANY of those four not winning the Oscar. Best Cinematography is "1917" at 10 bucks to win 20 cents.

The worst odds on the board are for Parasite as Best Foreign Movie - 10 bucks to win 10 cents.

Best Picture and especially Best Film Editing are the only competitive races on the board.

Wait, Best Makeup and Hairstyling for Bombshell I can get 2 bucks back on my 10 bucks bet....
                    Last edited by Judge Jude; 02-09-2020, 07:57 PM.
                    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• " I got Parasite as Best Picture the other day at 3 to 1 odds. now it's lower than 2 to 1 (+175)."

just sayin'.......
                      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

1917 is best movie of the year IMO. I still need to watch Jojo Rabbit though.
                        My "streak" ends at two.
                        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                          " I got Parasite as Best Picture the other day at 3 to 1 odds. now it's lower than 2 to 1 (+175)."

just sayin'.......
                          Nice one! I guess you can't bet on the Oscars in PA, because DK didn't have it on the app. They did have a free to enter pool. I got 10 of 18, winner nailed 17 of 18 (all but Best Picture).

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            Oscars betting legal in NJ again this year, I think Indiana just added it as well. still a no-go in Nevada, however and the other 47 states.

I got Parasite as Best Picture the other day at 3 to 1 odds. now it's lower than 2 to 1 (+175).

I can bet 10 bucks on Renee Zellwegger as Best Actress and win 40 cents if she wins.
                            I could - but I won't.

but it's a bargain compared to Joaquin Phoenix - bet 10 bucks to win 20 cents.

Brad Pitt and Laura Dern in Supporting are both 10 bucks to win 40 cents as well. they should have a parlay on ANY of those four not winning the Oscar. Best Cinematography is "1917" at 10 bucks to win 20 cents.

The worst odds on the board are for Parasite as Best Foreign Movie - 10 bucks to win 10 cents.

Best Picture and especially Best Film Editing are the only competitive races on the board.

Wait, Best Makeup and Hairstyling for Bombshell I can get 2 bucks back on my 10 bucks bet....
                            Doesn't seem like there were any upsets?

Glad Pitt and Dern won.

Enjoyed Dern's acceptance speech.

Comment

1917 is best movie of the year IMO.
                              If Parasite is better than 1917, it must be one helluva movie ... that's all I can say. 1917 was spectacular on so many levels.

Did the inverted-Saving-Private-Ryan theme properly translate to an American audience? I know we have different experiences of WW1 on different sides of the Atlantic. Here it is the callousness of the military and political elite and their complete disregard for the lives and conditions of the troops that left one of the biggest legacies. That was I feel perfectly conveyed throughout, but especially in the use of Saving Private Ryan's premise, and flipping it on it's head ... instead of saving the final brother, they callously manipulated the brother's desire to save his own brother as a motivating factor while they sent him on a suicide mission.

... and the theatrical scene changes were at times spectacular, especially the switch into the graveyard, and the red sunset as a backdrop. You can tell Sam Mendes knows his way around a theatre!

Comment

• Saw Terminator: Dark Fate last night. Meh. It started out fine.....but then just got more and more monotonous. The action and effects were good, but it was kinda like a Wile E. Coyote vs. Roadrunner as a live action movie. Plus, I think they erased 35 years of Terminator history in one fell swoop.

Comment

Working...
                                X