No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We watched the Cohen Brothers The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

It had so many good moments and yet left me short. Beautifully filmed, great acting, some very funny parts, dark moments, still it felt incomplete. I guess I would say I was enjoying the ride, but was left disappointed. I am not sorry we watched it, it just could have been so much more.

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
      We watched the Cohen Brothers The Ballad of Buster Scruggs.

It had so many good moments and yet left me short. Beautifully filmed, great acting, some very funny parts, dark moments, still it felt incomplete. I guess I would say I was enjoying the ride, but was left disappointed. I am not sorry we watched it, it just could have been so much more.
      I gave up on it after about 30 minutes. The Coens confound me -- they make some masterpieces like No Country for Old Men & Fargo, but then total duds like this one, Hail Caesar and The Ladykillers.

Comment

• The new animated Spiderman movie was tres cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
          The new animated Spiderman movie was tres cool!
          Excellent indeed!
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• They Shall Not Grow Old is worth seeing if you like War documentaries. My only complaint is they should have made it into a miniseries rather than just covering the Brit soldiers on the western front.
            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
            - Terence McKenna

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
              They Shall Not Grow Old is worth seeing if you like War documentaries. My only complaint is they should have made it into a miniseries rather than just covering the Brit soldiers on the western front.
              Peter Jackson funded it out of his own pocket AFAIK.

Comment

• Originally posted by johnnya24 View Post
                Peter Jackson funded it out of his own pocket AFAIK.
                Yea after the film itself he shared how they made it and he possessed many WWI artifacts (uniforms, weapons, etc).
                - Terence McKenna

Comment

• The documentary Three Identical Strangers is very good -- an amazing and ultimately disturbing story.

Comment

• Originally posted by TS Garp View Post
                    The documentary Three Identical Strangers is very good -- an amazing and ultimately disturbing story.
                    I saw this and enjoyed it very much as well, and yes, it goes in directions that I was not expecting
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      I saw this and enjoyed it very much as well, and yes, it goes in directions that I was not expecting
                      Would you watch it with your wife?

I do not know anything about it. My wife and I are always looking for some interesting movies.

For reference, she liked 3 Billboards, Fargo, and is looking forward to the new John Wick movie. She would have hated Bone Tomahawk.

Comment

I do not know anything about it. My wife and I are always looking for some interesting movies.

For reference, she liked 3 Billboards, Fargo, and is looking forward to the new John Wick movie. She would have hated Bone Tomahawk.
                        I just saw this also, and I can say with conviction that while it is disturbing (more upsetting), it's certainly not Bone Tomahawk level disturbing.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                          I just saw this also, and I can say with conviction that while it is disturbing (more upsetting), it's certainly not Bone Tomahawk level disturbing.
                          I'm not sure what else is Bone Tomahawk level disturbing, maybe Hostel? I would 100% watch it with my wife.
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

My son had my wife and I watch "Bad Times at the El Royale" which was also interesting and went in directions I wasn't expecting as well

Comment

My son had my wife and I watch "Bad Times at the El Royale" which was also interesting and went in directions I wasn't expecting as well
                              My wife and I both liked it. Didn't love it, but liked it. Agree that it went in unexpected directions.

Comment

I'm not sure what else is Bone Tomahawk level disturbing, maybe Hostel? I would 100% watch it with my wife.
                                If there is a movie more disturbing than Bone Tomahawk, I do not want to watch it.

Comment

Working...
                                X