No announcement yet.

It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Creed II was perhaps the most predictable of all the Rocky films, which is really saying something. And really, there was almost no storyline (shocker!). The action seemed lacking as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      Finally saw Bohemian Rhapsody. The actors who played the band were all great! The set recreation for the Live Aid Concert was incredible! The Bluray extras were just as enjoyable as the movie itself. And of course i loved the soundtrack!

It makes me want to see a Queen tribute band.
      My wife, youngest daughter, and I watched it Sunday night. Fantastic movie, great acting.

I rebelled a bit on seeing this movie. I lived through the actual events as played out in the media and thought it would be too sad. Being sad is not why I go to movies. My wife suggested it and my daughter gave an excited yes. Smiling i said sure, inside not so much. I was wrong and glad we could watch it together. Loved how they handled the music.

My oldest daughter is taking our 8 year old Grandson to see a Queen Tribute band in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• i am expecting captain marvel to be good. wonder woman worthy.

Comment

• I watched "The VVitch" last night, and it was amazing
          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by nullnor View Post
            i am expecting captain marvel to be good. wonder woman worthy.
            Gal Gadot >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Bri Larson
            “There’s no normal life, Wyatt, it’s just life. Get on with it.” – Doc Holliday

"It doesn't matter what you think" - The Rock

"I borked the entry." - Some dude on the Internet

Have I told you about otters being the only marine animal that can lift rocks?

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve 2.0 View Post
              You do not have enough >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Comment

• If you want a quirky, Pulp Fiction-ish flick that's much better than it was made out to be, check out Bad Times at the El Royale.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  If you want a quirky, Pulp Fiction-ish flick that's much better than it was made out to be, check out Bad Times at the El Royale.
                  I thought it was meh, but yes it definitely wanted to be like Pulp Fiction.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Agree but I gave them both 7/10.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      I thought it was meh, but yes it definitely wanted to be like Pulp Fiction.
                      I think I'm prone to giving higher ratings to movies I think are going to suck and surprisingly turn out to be good.

Comment

If you want a quirky, Pulp Fiction-ish flick that's much better than it was made out to be, check out Bad Times at the El Royale.
                        Yeah, didn't reach the hopes I had for it from before it was released, but exceeded my expectations from after reading the reviews.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I liked it. I think I posted it awhile ago.

It did try to be Fiction-ish. It was no Pulp Fiction- but none are.

Comment

• it was a good movie. WW was better but everyone grew up with a crush on Ms Marvel too.

Spoiler!

lol i have to put this spoiler in. it fits in the with marvel cinematic universe. it's actually pretty awesome. Samuel Jackson is great.
                            Last edited by ; 03-14-2019, 08:17 PM.

Comment

In spite of BL have the acting skills and personality of a wet paper bag, I thought the movie was ok, maybe even slightly above average. I only went because the kids were at the grandparents and we had some free time. But yeah, Wonder Woman was far far better.
                              "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by Gregg View Post
                                We just finished Gerald's Game. Excellent acting.

Carla Gugino was amazing. Kept us on the edge of our seats the whole time. Some parts were a rough watch, but worth it.

One of the better movies I have seen in awhile.
                                I am curious if any of you have seen this movie (like it or not). I had never heard of it. My wife found it. It is based on Stephen Kings work which I had never heard of either.

Comment

Working...
                                X