Page 209 of 209 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 2090

Thread: It's Back: Exceelent Movies I've Seen Lately

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by DMT View Post
    Top Gun: Maverick was a helluva ride.
    Yes Sir!

Mrs. Gregg and I just got back from seeing it. So much fun!

I liked it much much better than the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I liked it much much better than the first one.
    Woah, really?

I thought it did a good job in trying to live up to the 1st one, but the 1st movie was much better in my opinion. That's not a knock on Maverick, but Top Gun is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    Woah, really?

I thought it did a good job in trying to live up to the 1st one, but the 1st movie was much better in my opinion. That's not a knock on Maverick, but Top Gun is great.
    Agree with this assessment.

And
    Spoiler!
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by TranaGreg View Post
    Agree with this assessment.

And
    Spoiler!

Kind of funny. I actually thought they set that part up pretty well.

Hall of Famer
    Woah, really?

I guess I should watch the first one again. It has been many years since I have. It is not a movie that I have had desire to re-watch.

Woah, really?

I think Maverick is better just because the aerial scenes are a lot better. The stories are fairly similar. Plus Jennifer Connelly is much hotter than Kelly McGillis was.
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Just to weigh in here....Top Gun's plot has more holes than a pool table. I love the movie as eye candy but holy shit that was baaaad writing.

At least this version made a decent amount of sense. Not 100% but a decent amount I guess. My son and I enjoyed it.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg View Post
    I guess I should watch the first one again. It has been many years since I have. It is not a movie that I have had desire to re-watch.
    We re-watched Top Gun. I think Mrs. Gregg liked it better than me. It was better than I remember it. The cast looked sooo young.

The first time cool action movie. Now a mid 80's period piece for fashion style haircuts, music, and politics. Good movie. I think it makes me appreciate the remake even more.
    Last edited by Gregg; 06-27-2022 at 11:45 AM.

Beavis & Butthead are back! Beavis & Butthead Do the Universe on Paramount Plus is hysterical (this assumes you already think Beavis & Butthead are hysterical).

Quote Originally Posted by revo View Post
    Beavis & Butthead are back! Beavis & Butthead Do the Universe on Paramount Plus is hysterical (this assumes you already think Beavis & Butthead are hysterical).
    Thanks for the heads up.

I wouldn't call it "hysterical", but I found it enjoyable throughout. Had me grinning and chuckling but no huge laughs.

I'm so happy they stuck with the same formula and shtick and didn't try to do Beavis and Butthead grown up, or having kids or whatever.

One thing I loved was the use of a kickass Black Sabbath song for the climax.

*uhh... huh-huh-huh... climax...*

Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."